EXCLUSIVE: Deadwood and Caprica alumna Paula Malcomson has landed the female lead opposite Liev Schreiber in Showtime’s drama pilot Ray Donovan. Created and executive produced by Southland creator Ann Biderman, executive produced by Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff and to be directed by Allen Coulter, the Showtime-produced project takes a novelistic look at contemporary Los Angeles. A dark family drama with comedic undertones, the show centers on Ray (Schreiber), a professional “fixer” for LA’s rich and famous, the go-to guy in Hollywood who deftly solves the highly confidential problems of the city’s most intriguing personalities but can’t quite escape the damage in his own troubled family. Malcomson will play Ray’s wife Abby, a Boston tough girl who is still finding it hard to assimilate into the fast lane of Hollywood. Malcomson, whose series credits also include Sons Of Anarchy, ER and John From Cincinnati, will play Katniss’ (Jennifer Lawrence) mother in the Hunger Games movie franchise. She is with UTA and Seven Summits’ Sarah Jackson.
Paula Malcomson Cast As Female Lead In Showtime's 'Ray Donovan' Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- ‘Furniss’ Drama From Kyle Killen & Macon Blair In Series Consideration At AMC
- CNN Defends Jim Acosta Again As Trump Press Conference Fallout Continues
- David Haydn Jones Joins ‘Supernatural’ As Mystery Character
- Breaking Glass Pictures Breaking Into TV Series
- Donald Trump’s Next Sit-Down Interview: ‘Fox & Friends’