Paramount said today that the next installment in its money-making horror franchise Paranormal Activity will be released wide on October 19, 2012. The previous two films in the series also were released around Halloween, with the latest, made for $5 million, opening October 21, 2011 with $52.6 million — a record for a horror movie — on its way to $203.1 million in global grosses (the first film grossed $193.4 million worldwide, the second $177.5 million). This year, Dimension Films’ Halloween 3D already has staked out an October 26 release date.
'Paranormal Activity 4' Release Date Set
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest Film News
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- How A Danny Boyle-Directed James Bond Film Could Happen: Think ‘Trainspotting’ Reunion
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims