Paramount said today that the next installment in its money-making horror franchise Paranormal Activity will be released wide on October 19, 2012. The previous two films in the series also were released around Halloween, with the latest, made for $5 million, opening October 21, 2011 with $52.6 million — a record for a horror movie — on its way to $203.1 million in global grosses (the first film grossed $193.4 million worldwide, the second $177.5 million). This year, Dimension Films’ Halloween 3D already has staked out an October 26 release date.
'Paranormal Activity 4' Release Date Set
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump