BREAKING: Paramount will make a deal for an untitled 3D feature focusing on pop sensation Katy Perry. I’m told the film has already been shot by director Nanette Burstein. Imagine Entertainment and AEG filmed Perry as she performed late last year with 3D cameras. The film includes concert footage but is a real story and the story of her growing up and becoming a global sensation. Several studios have been into it, but Paramount seems a natural given its success with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The plan is to release the film in June or July.
Paramount Locking Down Katy Perry 3D Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest Film News
- Watch The ‘Rogue One’ World Premiere Livestream Here
- How ‘La La Land’ Director Damien Chazelle, His Team & Lionsgate Faced The Music & Resurrected The Original Hollywood…
- ‘Toni Erdmann’ Sweeps European Film Awards; Makes History At Message-Heavy Ceremony – Full List
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- ‘Moana’ Pushes ‘Office Christmas Party’ Off Her Turf; ‘La La Land’ Hits High Notes – Early AM B.O…
- Boston Online Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Film Of 2016