BREAKING: Paramount will make a deal for an untitled 3D feature focusing on pop sensation Katy Perry. I’m told the film has already been shot by director Nanette Burstein. Imagine Entertainment and AEG filmed Perry as she performed late last year with 3D cameras. The film includes concert footage but is a real story and the story of her growing up and becoming a global sensation. Several studios have been into it, but Paramount seems a natural given its success with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The plan is to release the film in June or July.
Paramount Locking Down Katy Perry 3D Film
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Barbet Schroeder On Robert Durst, ‘Amnesia’ & Why He Hasn’t Made A Hollywood Pic In 13 Years…
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82