BREAKING: Paramount will make a deal for an untitled 3D feature focusing on pop sensation Katy Perry. I’m told the film has already been shot by director Nanette Burstein. Imagine Entertainment and AEG filmed Perry as she performed late last year with 3D cameras. The film includes concert footage but is a real story and the story of her growing up and becoming a global sensation. Several studios have been into it, but Paramount seems a natural given its success with Justin Bieber: Never Say Never. The plan is to release the film in June or July.
Paramount Locking Down Katy Perry 3D Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount