Oxygen Media has tapped former OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network executive Rod Aissa as SVP Programming and Development. He will oversee all programming and development efforts at the network as well as shepherd new and existing series like The Next Big Thing and Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. Aissa will report to Oxygen president Jason Klarman and be based in New York; SVP Development Cori Abraham and VP Current Production Teri Kennedy report to him and the three will be charged with “finding new genres, new twists on existing formats and identifying talent that all speak directly to Oxygen’s ‘Live Out Loud’ brand philosophy” that targets young women. Before OWN, Aissa was EVP TV at Ashton Kutcher’s Katalyst Films, where he developed True Beauty for ABC. He also worked at MTV and was on the team that created and produced such unscripted hits like The Osbournes and Punk’d, helping to launch the careers of Kutcher as well as the likes of Jenny McCarthy and Carson Daly.
Oxygen Hires OWN Exec Rod Aissa As SVP Original Programming & Development
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…