Oxygen Media has tapped former OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network executive Rod Aissa as SVP Programming and Development. He will oversee all programming and development efforts at the network as well as shepherd new and existing series like The Next Big Thing and Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. Aissa will report to Oxygen president Jason Klarman and be based in New York; SVP Development Cori Abraham and VP Current Production Teri Kennedy report to him and the three will be charged with “finding new genres, new twists on existing formats and identifying talent that all speak directly to Oxygen’s ‘Live Out Loud’ brand philosophy” that targets young women. Before OWN, Aissa was EVP TV at Ashton Kutcher’s Katalyst Films, where he developed True Beauty for ABC. He also worked at MTV and was on the team that created and produced such unscripted hits like The Osbournes and Punk’d, helping to launch the careers of Kutcher as well as the likes of Jenny McCarthy and Carson Daly.
Oxygen Hires OWN Exec Rod Aissa As SVP Original Programming & Development
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'