Oxygen Media has tapped former OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network executive Rod Aissa as SVP Programming and Development. He will oversee all programming and development efforts at the network as well as shepherd new and existing series like The Next Big Thing and Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood. Aissa will report to Oxygen president Jason Klarman and be based in New York; SVP Development Cori Abraham and VP Current Production Teri Kennedy report to him and the three will be charged with “finding new genres, new twists on existing formats and identifying talent that all speak directly to Oxygen’s ‘Live Out Loud’ brand philosophy” that targets young women. Before OWN, Aissa was EVP TV at Ashton Kutcher’s Katalyst Films, where he developed True Beauty for ABC. He also worked at MTV and was on the team that created and produced such unscripted hits like The Osbournes and Punk’d, helping to launch the careers of Kutcher as well as the likes of Jenny McCarthy and Carson Daly.
Oxygen Hires OWN Exec Rod Aissa As SVP Original Programming & Development
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- Billy Crystal To Deliver Tribute To Robin Williams At Emmy Awards
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom