Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The Great Wall’ Brings Zhang Yimou & Matt Damon To New York Comic-Con
- Fox Lands ‘Operation Prince Of Freedom’ Spec; Jake Szymanski To Direct
- Jennifer Hudson Joins UK’s ‘The Voice’; Doha’s Ajyal Youth Fest Unveils Line-Up — Global Briefs
- Michael Shannon Joins Benedict Cumberbatch In TWC’s ‘The Current War’
- Jay Z Makes 2-Year Overall Movie & TV Deal With Weinstein Company
- Fox Searchlight’s Untitled A.A. Milne Project With Domhnall Gleeson & Margot Robbie: First Look