Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
As 'Inferno' Crosses $100M Overseas, Ron Howard Movie Hopes To Light Fire Stateside - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Kevin Costner Sues Kylin Pictures For $3.85M Over ‘Shanghai Sojourners’ Breach
- Janet Patterson Dies: Costume Designer & Jane Campion Regular Was Four-Time Oscar Nominee
- Ludacris To Star In Indie BMX Action Drama ‘Ride’
- ‘Moonlight’ Review: Moving Story Of Self-Discovery Should Resonate At Oscar Time
- Colin Firth & Ged Doherty Take Lessons From ‘Filmmaking For Dummies’ To Hatch Two Genuine Oscar Contenders
- AMC Entertainment’s Bid For Carmike Wins Shareholder Advisory Firm’s Support