Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
'Designated Survivor' & 'Lethal Weapon' Post Modest Week 2 Ratings Dips, 'Criminal Minds' & 'Code Black' Return
Latest Film News
- Peter Bart: ‘French Connection’ Anniversary Reminds Industry Of ’70s Devil-May-Care Filmmaking Approach
- Elisabeth Shue Joins Eli Roth’s ‘Death Wish’
- NYC Film Office Launches Effort To Boost Women Filmmakers
- Jill Kelley & The Scandal That Toppled CIA Chief David Petraeus In TV Series Talks
- Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriter Winners Unveiled
- China’s Fundamental Films Takes 28% Stake In EuropaCorp