Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Sony Nabs Rights To Sci-Fi Comic Book Series ‘Descender’
- Fairuza Balk & Shree Crooks Join Showtime Drama ‘Ray Donovan’
- Horatio Sanz, Matt Walsh Get The Riot Act: 'A Better You' At SBIFF – Hot Clip
- Bonnie Arnold, Carolyn Blackwood Among Santa Barbara’s Women In The Biz Panelists
- Larry Wilmore On Deflategate: Super Bowl Teams “Seahawks And Cheaters”