Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Fox News Channel Tops Cable Primetime Ratings In Third Quarter
- Benjamin Walker Joins 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast