Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Eddie Murphy Says He’ll Be On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Anniversary Show
- Faith-Based Family Drama ‘War Room’ Set For August Premiere
- Eclipse Television Taps Veteran Reality Exec Sergio Alfaro As CEO
- Rachael Taylor Joins Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones’ Netflix Series
- Steve Buscemi’s Snickers Super Bowl Ad: Does It Satisfy? – Video
- Richard Linklater To Receive Cinema Audio Society’s Filmmaker Award