Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Feel Pretty' Takes In $1M, 'Super Troopers 2' Tickets Strong $1.35M, 'Traffik' With $225K In Thursday Previews
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest Film News
- ‘It’ Star Sophia Lillis To Topline Warner Bros’ ‘Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase’
- Amazon Prime Picks Up Drake Doremus Futuristic Love Story ‘Zoe’ – Tribeca
- Netflix Acquires Thriller Novel ‘Tell Me Everything’ For Sugar23 & Anonymous Content
- ‘Angry Birds 2’: Leslie Jones, Rachel Bloom, Sterling K. Brown, Eugenio Derbez & Others Join Voice Cast
- Slate PR Promotes 10 Across Team
- ‘O.G.’ Star Jeffrey Wright On The Experience Of Shooting In Maximum Security Prison — Tribeca Studio