Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Cohen Media Group Acquires Cannes Opening Night Film ‘Standing Tall’- Cannes
- amfAR Raises €30M At Glittery Cannes Gala; Harvey Weinstein Salutes France
- ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2′ Gets Spring 2016 Release Date
- ‘Carol’s Quest: Lesbian Drama’s 15-Year Journey To Cannes
- IATSE’s New Film & TV Contract Includes 3% Annual Raises, Pension Increases
- Paradigm Signs Swedish Helmers Off Hot Short ‘Reset’