Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
Julian Fellowes On The End Of 'Downton' And Its Future: "The Crawleys Would Still Be There" - AwardsLine
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits
- AFI Faculty Calls For Dean’s Firing
- Alex Meneses Inks With Untitled; Verne Troyer Teams With Studio71
- DreamWorks Animation’s ‘Croods 2’ Gets Rewrite With Hageman Brothers
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Storms China With $12.3M Opening Day; Sets Franchise Best
- Stacey Snider Era At Fox Begins Sept. 1 As Jim Gianopulos Takes Early Leave