Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- World Premiere Of Next ‘Planet Of The Apes’ Footage And Trailer Bows — CinemaCon
- ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’ Trailer Hits CinemaCon: The Beginning And The End
- Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A ‘Red Sparrow’: 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
- Joss Whedon Eyes Batgirl Movie At Warner Bros
- ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Clocks $400M+ Overseas; Global Box Office At $751M
- Annapurna Hiring Spree Results In Full Marketing And Distribution Teams – CinemaCon