Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
Latest Film News
- Spider-Man Movie: Sony & Marvel Spin Web Of Directors For New Franchise
- UFO Tale ‘The Phoenix Incident’ Lands At XLrator
- Horror Sniper Pic ‘Carnage Park’ Sets Its Sight On Four Leads – Cannes
- Walden, Montecito Scare Up Deal For Joe Ballarini’s ‘A Babysitter’s Guide To Monsters’
- ‘Terminator Genisys’ Byung-hun Lee Joins ‘Magnificent Seven’ For MGM
- ‘Maggie’ Review: Arnold Embraces Zombies & Lets Acting Chops Come Alive