Outsider Pictures has made a deal to distribute the Cuban zombie satire Juan Of The Dead. The agreement for U.S. rights includes a theatrical release via an exclusive run at Miami Dade College’s Tower Theater, soon after the film screens at next month’s Miami International Film Festival, which the college hosts. The film centers on the fight to conquer marauding zombies who have taken over Havana. Focus Features’ digital distributor Focus World already has pacted to release the movie later this year via electronic sell-through, iVOD and VOD, along with DVD and other formats. Mexico-based Latinofusion made the sale to Outsider, which focuses on distribution and production in Latin America. The Miami fest runs March 2-11.
Outsider Pictures Acquires Zombie Satire 'Juan Of The Dead'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Robert Schwentke Exits ‘Divergent’ Finale ‘Ascendant’
- ‘Collateral Beauty’ Gets Holiday Release As Warners Delays ‘Chicken Soup For The Soul’
- Fugees’ Co-Founder Pras Michel Options Film Rights To Haitian Nazi Prisoner Tale
- ‘Bethlehem’ Director Yuval Adler To Helm Eco-Thriller ‘The Last Of The Tribe’
- ‘Hardcore Henry’ Teaser: Toronto Pic Hitting SXSW, Full Trailer & Twitch Live Event Coming Wednesday