The Warner Bros unit will launch the new look in DC Entertainment’s comics, graphic novels and websites beginning in March. Branding for films, TV, games and merchandise will join over time. The redesigned logos, from Landor Associates, “uses a ‘peel’ effect — the D is strategically placed over the C with the upper right-hand portion of the D peeling back to unveil the hidden C — symbolizing the duality of the iconic characters that are present within DC Entertainment’s portfolio.” Said John Rood, EVP Sales, Marketing and Business Development at DC Entertainment: “It was just a few months ago that Superman, Batman and many of our other Super Heroes were updated when we launched DC Comics-The New 52 and now it’s time to do the same for the company’s identity while remaining true to the power of storytelling which is still at the heart of DC Entertainment.” At left are the comics logos, which play off the same theme.
New Logo For DC Entertainment In Rebrand
What's Hot on Deadline
'South Park's Donald Trump Argues That Vote For Hillary Clinton Is Vote Against New 'Star Wars' Movie
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites
- Hounds At His Heels, Brad Grey Fights For Paramount’s Future –Part 1
- Doug Liman On The Challenges Of Shooting In The Virtual Reality Format
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’