The Warner Bros unit will launch the new look in DC Entertainment’s comics, graphic novels and websites beginning in March. Branding for films, TV, games and merchandise will join over time. The redesigned logos, from Landor Associates, “uses a ‘peel’ effect — the D is strategically placed over the C with the upper right-hand portion of the D peeling back to unveil the hidden C — symbolizing the duality of the iconic characters that are present within DC Entertainment’s portfolio.” Said John Rood, EVP Sales, Marketing and Business Development at DC Entertainment: “It was just a few months ago that Superman, Batman and many of our other Super Heroes were updated when we launched DC Comics-The New 52 and now it’s time to do the same for the company’s identity while remaining true to the power of storytelling which is still at the heart of DC Entertainment.” At left are the comics logos, which play off the same theme.
New Logo For DC Entertainment In Rebrand
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'