BREAKING: New Line Cinema has set Scott Zabielski to direct Police Academy, its remake of the long-running film series that started at Warner Bros in 1984 and spanned seven films. They were considered lowbrow, but how many Warner Bros series has spanned that many movies, other than Harry Potter? Zabielski is making his feature directing debut after directing several seasons of episodes of the hit Comedy Central show Tosh.O. While Zabielski is new to features, he’s quite familiar with the concept of police academy: He went through the academy and is a reserve police officer in West Hollywood. He’s repped by Underground and UTA.
New Line Taps Scott Zabielski To Helm 'Police Academy' Remake
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release