BREAKING: New Line Cinema has set Scott Zabielski to direct Police Academy, its remake of the long-running film series that started at Warner Bros in 1984 and spanned seven films. They were considered lowbrow, but how many Warner Bros series has spanned that many movies, other than Harry Potter? Zabielski is making his feature directing debut after directing several seasons of episodes of the hit Comedy Central show Tosh.O. While Zabielski is new to features, he’s quite familiar with the concept of police academy: He went through the academy and is a reserve police officer in West Hollywood. He’s repped by Underground and UTA.
New Line Taps Scott Zabielski To Helm 'Police Academy' Remake
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video