Netflix said today that it has replaced Chief Marketing Officer Leslie Kilgore, who has been in the post since 2000. She will join the board as a non-executive member. VP Marketing Jessie Becker has been appointed interim CMO while the company undergoes a search for Kilgore’s replacement. “Leslie has been instrumental in our long-term success and our recent return to solid growth,” said Reed Hastings, Netflix co-founder and CEO, in the release announcing the change. “We are delighted she is joining our board of directors and will continue to be a key part of Netflix.” Meanwhile, the company promoted former Disney exec Jonathan Friedland to Chief Communications Officer; he had been SVP Corporate Communications since February 2011. Both Kilgore and Friedland were around for Netlfix’s bumpy ride last year, when plans to raise subscriber fees and split its DVD and streaming services failed wildly and were eventually scrapped — but not before the company’s share price fell off the table.
Netflix Replaces Marketing Chief Leslie Kilgore
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…