Netflix said today that it has replaced Chief Marketing Officer Leslie Kilgore, who has been in the post since 2000. She will join the board as a non-executive member. VP Marketing Jessie Becker has been appointed interim CMO while the company undergoes a search for Kilgore’s replacement. “Leslie has been instrumental in our long-term success and our recent return to solid growth,” said Reed Hastings, Netflix co-founder and CEO, in the release announcing the change. “We are delighted she is joining our board of directors and will continue to be a key part of Netflix.” Meanwhile, the company promoted former Disney exec Jonathan Friedland to Chief Communications Officer; he had been SVP Corporate Communications since February 2011. Both Kilgore and Friedland were around for Netlfix’s bumpy ride last year, when plans to raise subscriber fees and split its DVD and streaming services failed wildly and were eventually scrapped — but not before the company’s share price fell off the table.
Netflix Replaces Marketing Chief Leslie Kilgore
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production