Netflix said today that it has replaced Chief Marketing Officer Leslie Kilgore, who has been in the post since 2000. She will join the board as a non-executive member. VP Marketing Jessie Becker has been appointed interim CMO while the company undergoes a search for Kilgore’s replacement. “Leslie has been instrumental in our long-term success and our recent return to solid growth,” said Reed Hastings, Netflix co-founder and CEO, in the release announcing the change. “We are delighted she is joining our board of directors and will continue to be a key part of Netflix.” Meanwhile, the company promoted former Disney exec Jonathan Friedland to Chief Communications Officer; he had been SVP Corporate Communications since February 2011. Both Kilgore and Friedland were around for Netlfix’s bumpy ride last year, when plans to raise subscriber fees and split its DVD and streaming services failed wildly and were eventually scrapped — but not before the company’s share price fell off the table.
Netflix Replaces Marketing Chief Leslie Kilgore
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
George & Amal Clooney Joined By Katzenbergs In $500,000 Donations To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
Latest Film News
- Sound Designer Julian Slater On His “Lightning In A Bottle” Moment With Sound-Centric ‘Baby Driver’
- Mel Gibson, Robert Towne, Mike Medavoy Team On ‘Dancing Bear’ For USA Network
- Avan Jogia Joins Tom Dolby’s ‘The Artist’s Wife’
- Steven Spielberg & Kate Capshaw Answer Call, Donate $500,000 & Join Clooneys, Katzenbergs In March For Our Lives…
- Jessica Chastain Circling ‘It’ Sequel, Just As Team Muschietti Planned
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Case: Director Randall Miller Asks Court To Drop CA Supervision