Netflix said today that it has replaced Chief Marketing Officer Leslie Kilgore, who has been in the post since 2000. She will join the board as a non-executive member. VP Marketing Jessie Becker has been appointed interim CMO while the company undergoes a search for Kilgore’s replacement. “Leslie has been instrumental in our long-term success and our recent return to solid growth,” said Reed Hastings, Netflix co-founder and CEO, in the release announcing the change. “We are delighted she is joining our board of directors and will continue to be a key part of Netflix.” Meanwhile, the company promoted former Disney exec Jonathan Friedland to Chief Communications Officer; he had been SVP Corporate Communications since February 2011. Both Kilgore and Friedland were around for Netlfix’s bumpy ride last year, when plans to raise subscriber fees and split its DVD and streaming services failed wildly and were eventually scrapped — but not before the company’s share price fell off the table.
Netflix Replaces Marketing Chief Leslie Kilgore
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks