Netflix said today that it has replaced Chief Marketing Officer Leslie Kilgore, who has been in the post since 2000. She will join the board as a non-executive member. VP Marketing Jessie Becker has been appointed interim CMO while the company undergoes a search for Kilgore’s replacement. “Leslie has been instrumental in our long-term success and our recent return to solid growth,” said Reed Hastings, Netflix co-founder and CEO, in the release announcing the change. “We are delighted she is joining our board of directors and will continue to be a key part of Netflix.” Meanwhile, the company promoted former Disney exec Jonathan Friedland to Chief Communications Officer; he had been SVP Corporate Communications since February 2011. Both Kilgore and Friedland were around for Netlfix’s bumpy ride last year, when plans to raise subscriber fees and split its DVD and streaming services failed wildly and were eventually scrapped — but not before the company’s share price fell off the table.
Netflix Replaces Marketing Chief Leslie Kilgore
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer…
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires Tribeca Fest Rom-Com ‘Tumbledown’
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg
- SXSW Comedy ‘Addicted To Fresno’ Lands At Gravitas Ventures