Neil Young has given his blessing for his classic song Heart of Gold to be recorded by Tavi Gevinson and included in Cadaver, an animated short film that Gevinson is starring in alongside Christopher Lloyd and Kathy Bates. Jonah D. Ansell wrote the script and directed the film that debuts at the Santa Barbara Film Festival. It tells the story of an elderly cadaver (Lloyd) who wakes up to say goodbye to his wife, only to discover a truth in death he didn’t know in life. Gevinson is the 15-year old fashion blogger icon who has stepped up to the animated film. Young has only allowed his 1972 song to be rerecorded a few times by the likes of Jimmy Buffett.
Neil Young's 'Heart Of Gold' Gets New Treatment In Film
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- ‘Leviathan’ & ‘McMafia’ Actor Under Fire For Anti-Russian Comments; Colleagues Respond
- Gravitas Ventures Grabs ‘Bieber Generation’ Docu; Freestyle Digital Media Acquires ‘Live Or Die In La Honda…
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster