Can women comedy writers be any hotter? Two comedy pilots picked up today — both from female creators! NBC has given the green light to an untitled multi-camera comedy from The New Adventures Of Old Christine creator Kari Lizer. The untitled comedy (form. Lady Friends) hails from Warner Bros TV and Lizer’s Kari’s Logo Here production banner. It is about two life-long female friends who are living very different lives but couldn’t live without each other. Nicole has everything gong for her — loving parents and in-laws, adoring husband, successful siblings and a trouble-free pregnancy. Her best friend, Jen, has parents who have no faith in her, terrible instincts that led her to a 17-day marriage to a guy who dumped her, and she gained 15 pounds on the cabbage soup diet. And yet, somehow, she is Nicole’s rock. NBC landed the project in September in a 4-way bidding war with a put pilot commitment. This is Will & Grace alumna Lizer’s second consecutive pilot at NBC following last year’s untitled workplace comedy, which starred Sarah Paulson. She may go for a double as her other project this development season, a family comedy, is tracking strong at ABC where it also has a put pilot commitment. Lizer is on a streak — all of her scripts to date have been picked up to pilot, Old Christine at CBS, True at the WB, the untitled NBC comedy last year and her new NBC project this year. The pickup for her project follows ABC’s green light to Stephnie Weir/Claudia Lonow’s multi-camera comedy Counter Culture an hour or so ago. It caps a busy afternoon at NBC, which greenlighted 4 pilots, the Kari Lizer comedy and 3 dramas, Frontier, Midnight Sun and Do No Harm.
NBC Picks Up Kari Lizer Female Buddy Comedy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'