With the broadcast networks struggling to successfully launch a reality series in the past couple of summers, NBC is reaching to its new corporate sibling G4 for original summer fare. NBC will share with G4 the upcoming fourth season of G4’s popular obstacle course competition series American Ninja Warrior. Last summer, NBC aired ANW‘s two-hour third season finale, which posted decent ratings. This year, NBC will be taking on a bigger role, with G4 carrying the preliminary rounds and the broadcast network airing the preliminary finals, as well as the grand finale. For the first time, each leg of the competition will be held entirely on U.S. soil after the original Japanese broadcaster, Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, helped bring the course and all different designs to the U.S. The finalists, vying for a $500,000 cash prize in the national finals in Las Vegas, will be selected at six regional qualifying competitions throughout the country. ANW, whose Season 3 debut ranked as G4’s most-watched original season premiere ever, is produced by A. Smith & Co.
NBC & G4 To Share 'American Ninja Warrior'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘NBC Nightly News’ Takes Total Viewers In Final Week Of Controversial Melded Stats
- Charter Acquires Rival Bright House For $10.4B
- BBC Unveils New Stephen Poliakoff Drama ‘Close To The Enemy’ With All-Star Cast
- Discovery Says It Will Drive Velocity Overseas And Boost EuroSport Online
- Hockey Comedy 'Benders' From Apostle Gets IFC Series Order
- All3Media Confirms Acquisition Of Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions