After posting its first season-to-season decline for its fourth-season finale, MTV’s juggernaut Jersey Shore‘s posted its first season-to-season premiere drop. Last night’s Season 5 opener was down 14% from the Season 4 debut. Still, it drew a massive audience of 7.6 million viewers and dominated the 10 PM hour in adults 18-49 on broadcast and cable. In persons 12-34, Jersey Shore posted a 7.2 rating.
MTV's 'Jersey Shore' Down In Season Premiere For The First Time, Still Strong
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox