Millennium Entertainment acquired the Sundance film Red Lights, which stars Cillian Murphy, Sigourney Weaver, Robert De Niro and Elizabeth Olsen. Despite the starpower, some buyers were turned off to the film, in which psychologist Margaret Matheson and her assistant study paranormal activity, which leads them to investigate a world-renowned psychic. Some were considering VOD bids, but that gave Millennium Entertainment an opportunity to make a 7-figure deal. It was directed by Rodrigo Cortes, who helmed Buried.
Millennium Entertainment Acquires Polarizing Sundance Thriller 'Red Lights'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts