Millennium Entertainment acquired the Sundance film Red Lights, which stars Cillian Murphy, Sigourney Weaver, Robert De Niro and Elizabeth Olsen. Despite the starpower, some buyers were turned off to the film, in which psychologist Margaret Matheson and her assistant study paranormal activity, which leads them to investigate a world-renowned psychic. Some were considering VOD bids, but that gave Millennium Entertainment an opportunity to make a 7-figure deal. It was directed by Rodrigo Cortes, who helmed Buried.
Millennium Entertainment Acquires Polarizing Sundance Thriller 'Red Lights'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Moviegoers Will 'Get Out' Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele's Directorial Debut - Midday B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- Viacom’s Bob Bakish Completes First Week Of Meetings For Brad Grey’s Paramount Successor
- Encore: Oscar Producers Mike De Luca & Jennifer Todd Ponder Trump, Hopes & Anxieties Going Into Hollywood’s Big…
- ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ Review: Oscar-Nominated Toon Has No End Of Wonders
- ‘Little Boxes’ Will Unpack In Theaters In April
- César Awards Winners Announced (Live)
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Whips Past $300M At Worldwide Box Office