The Hobbit star Martin Freeman begins voice work this week on Saving Santa, a new animated feature from UK actor/producers Terry Stone and Nick Simunek of Gateway Animation Studios. The pair are producing the £5 million picture with Saving Santa creator Tony Nottage. Veteran animation exec Max Howard is executive producer, and I hear the team is currently in negotiations with a Hollywood major on a distribution pact. Animator Leon Joosen, whose credits include The Little Mermaid and the Scooby Doo movies, is directing the Back To The Future meets classic Christmas tale about a clumsy elf who must travel back in time to save Santa’s Kingdom from the evil Neville Baddington. Ricky Roxburgh wrote the screenplay. The all-Brit cast is rounded out by Tim Curry, Noel Clarke, Joan Collins, Pam Ferris, Craig Fairbrass and Chris Barrie. Delivery is expected in time for Christmas 2012.
Martin Freeman Lends Voice To British Christmas Tale 'Saving Santa'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Tartaglione
- FT Vet Rona Fairhead Expected To Be First Woman To Chair BBC Trust
- Hot TV Trailer: 'Downton Abbey' Season 5; UK Premiere Set For September 21
- Venice: Al Pacino Waxes On Depression, The Actors Studio & The “Amazing” 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'
- Update: Global Showbiz Briefs: DWA/Studio Mir Relationship Clarified; Veteran Aussie Actor Bill Kerr Dies; More
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'