The Hobbit star Martin Freeman begins voice work this week on Saving Santa, a new animated feature from UK actor/producers Terry Stone and Nick Simunek of Gateway Animation Studios. The pair are producing the £5 million picture with Saving Santa creator Tony Nottage. Veteran animation exec Max Howard is executive producer, and I hear the team is currently in negotiations with a Hollywood major on a distribution pact. Animator Leon Joosen, whose credits include The Little Mermaid and the Scooby Doo movies, is directing the Back To The Future meets classic Christmas tale about a clumsy elf who must travel back in time to save Santa’s Kingdom from the evil Neville Baddington. Ricky Roxburgh wrote the screenplay. The all-Brit cast is rounded out by Tim Curry, Noel Clarke, Joan Collins, Pam Ferris, Craig Fairbrass and Chris Barrie. Delivery is expected in time for Christmas 2012.
Martin Freeman Lends Voice To British Christmas Tale 'Saving Santa'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Jerry Perenchio Dies: Hollywood Dealmaker & Former Univision CEO Was 86
- Andy Bellin Comes Aboard To Adapt ‘Drone Warrior’ For Michael Bay
- WGA Ratifies New Film & TV Contract
- Manchester Attack Updates: Six Arrested, Ariana Grande Suspends Tour & Tom Hardy Launches Fundraiser For Victims
- ICM Partners Ups Rich Green To Head Of Media Rights; Plumps Department
- Woody Harrelson’s One-Night, One-Take, Live Directorial Gamble Pays Off – Deadline Disruptors