The Hobbit star Martin Freeman begins voice work this week on Saving Santa, a new animated feature from UK actor/producers Terry Stone and Nick Simunek of Gateway Animation Studios. The pair are producing the £5 million picture with Saving Santa creator Tony Nottage. Veteran animation exec Max Howard is executive producer, and I hear the team is currently in negotiations with a Hollywood major on a distribution pact. Animator Leon Joosen, whose credits include The Little Mermaid and the Scooby Doo movies, is directing the Back To The Future meets classic Christmas tale about a clumsy elf who must travel back in time to save Santa’s Kingdom from the evil Neville Baddington. Ricky Roxburgh wrote the screenplay. The all-Brit cast is rounded out by Tim Curry, Noel Clarke, Joan Collins, Pam Ferris, Craig Fairbrass and Chris Barrie. Delivery is expected in time for Christmas 2012.
Martin Freeman Lends Voice To British Christmas Tale 'Saving Santa'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Noam Murro To Direct Black List Script ‘Blink’ For Atlas Independent – Berlin
- Rhys Ifans Engages In Jake Chapman’s ‘Marriage Of Reason And Squalor’ At Sky
- UK Comedy ‘Catastrophe’ To Launch Stateside On Amazon Prime – Video
- CBS, Bell Media Pact To Bring Showtime Brand To Canada
- ‘The Water Diviner’, ‘Babadook’ Share Australian Academy’s Top Film Prize