At NBC’s TCA executive session this morning, the network’s chairman Bob Greenblatt addressed the future of Law & Order: SVU star Mariska Hargitay. Her work load this season had originally been reduced to accommodate her taking care of her new baby, sparking speculation that she may be leaving sometime this season. But she ended up being in every episode and will likely stay on the show beyond this season, Greenblatt said. “Mariska is not leaving SVU,” he said. Hargitay confirmed that in a pre-taped video. “I’ll be back,” she said. “I can’t leave this show, I’m having too much fun.” Hargitay did the video with Harry Connick Jr. who is joining SVU for a four-episode arc as her love interest, a new dedicated, straight-shooting Executive ADA assigned a case with Detective Benson (Hargitay).
Mariska Hargitay To Continue On 'L&O: SVU', Harry Connick Jr. Joins For Arc
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'