At NBC’s TCA executive session this morning, the network’s chairman Bob Greenblatt addressed the future of Law & Order: SVU star Mariska Hargitay. Her work load this season had originally been reduced to accommodate her taking care of her new baby, sparking speculation that she may be leaving sometime this season. But she ended up being in every episode and will likely stay on the show beyond this season, Greenblatt said. “Mariska is not leaving SVU,” he said. Hargitay confirmed that in a pre-taped video. “I’ll be back,” she said. “I can’t leave this show, I’m having too much fun.” Hargitay did the video with Harry Connick Jr. who is joining SVU for a four-episode arc as her love interest, a new dedicated, straight-shooting Executive ADA assigned a case with Detective Benson (Hargitay).
Mariska Hargitay To Continue On 'L&O: SVU', Harry Connick Jr. Joins For Arc
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’