Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Greta Gerwig and Rhys Ifans are in negotiations to join HBO’s drama pilot The Corrections. In the Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin project, the four would join previously cast Chris Cooper, Dianne Wiest and Ewan McGregor. Based on Jonathan Franzen’s acclaimed book, The Corrections revolves around the troubles of a Midwestern couple (Cooper and Wiest) and their three adult children as they trace their lives from the mid-20th century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. In her first-ever series gig, Oscar-nominated Gyllenhaal would play the youngest sibling, beautiful chef Denise. McGregor plays Chip, the middle child, a journalist and intellectual wannabe screenwriter who works for a Lithuanian crime boss (Ifans) defrauding American investors. Playwright-actor Norris would play the older brother, a successful but depressed banker with a drinking problem. Gerwig, star of Baumbach’s most recent feature Greenberg, would play Chip’s soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend, who works for a film production company. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation, with Baumbach set to direct the pilot. The two are executive producing with Rudin.
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Rhys Ifans & Greta Gerwig In Talks For 'Corrections'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Monday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
With 'Empire' And 'Star,' Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized — Deadline Disruptors
Latest TV News
- ‘House Of Cards’ Season 5 Review: Kevin Spacey & Robin Wright Swagger Back
- ‘Z’ Costume Designer Tom Broecker On Tracking Evolution Of Fashion In A Series “Designed To Be Binge-Watched”…
- Frank Deford Dies: Legendary Sportswriter & Author Of ‘Everybody’s All-American’ Was 78
- Tiger Woods Arrested On DUI Charge In Florida
- Nina Diaz On VH1’s Unscripted Plans As Net Hits Milestone With ‘T.I. & Tiny’ Finale
- Netflix Sets First Turkish Series; Ex-Studiocanal Chief Joins French Gov’t – Global Briefs