Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Greta Gerwig and Rhys Ifans are in negotiations to join HBO’s drama pilot The Corrections. In the Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin project, the four would join previously cast Chris Cooper, Dianne Wiest and Ewan McGregor. Based on Jonathan Franzen’s acclaimed book, The Corrections revolves around the troubles of a Midwestern couple (Cooper and Wiest) and their three adult children as they trace their lives from the mid-20th century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. In her first-ever series gig, Oscar-nominated Gyllenhaal would play the youngest sibling, beautiful chef Denise. McGregor plays Chip, the middle child, a journalist and intellectual wannabe screenwriter who works for a Lithuanian crime boss (Ifans) defrauding American investors. Playwright-actor Norris would play the older brother, a successful but depressed banker with a drinking problem. Gerwig, star of Baumbach’s most recent feature Greenberg, would play Chip’s soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend, who works for a film production company. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation, with Baumbach set to direct the pilot. The two are executive producing with Rudin.
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Rhys Ifans & Greta Gerwig In Talks For 'Corrections'
What's Hot on Deadline
ABC Orders Drama Pilots 'The Good Doctor' & 'Doomsday' From David Shore, Daniel Dae Kim & Carol Mendesohn
Latest TV News
- Bachelor Comedy Starring Gabriel Iglesias In Works At ABC From Ryan Seacrest’s Co.
- ‘The Librarians’ Renewed For Season 4 By TNT
- ‘Quantico’ Ratings Rise Behind Resurgent ‘The Bachelor’, ‘Man With a Plan’ Grows More, ‘Celebrity Apprentice…
- Tucker Carlson’s First Two Weeks In Primetime Outstrip Megyn Kelly On FNC
- NBC Greenlights Pilot ‘5 Gold Rings’, Based On ITV’s Interactive Game Show
- ‘Meet The Press’ Scores Biggest Crowd In Eight Years With Kellyanne Conway “Alternative…