Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Greta Gerwig and Rhys Ifans are in negotiations to join HBO’s drama pilot The Corrections. In the Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin project, the four would join previously cast Chris Cooper, Dianne Wiest and Ewan McGregor. Based on Jonathan Franzen’s acclaimed book, The Corrections revolves around the troubles of a Midwestern couple (Cooper and Wiest) and their three adult children as they trace their lives from the mid-20th century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. In her first-ever series gig, Oscar-nominated Gyllenhaal would play the youngest sibling, beautiful chef Denise. McGregor plays Chip, the middle child, a journalist and intellectual wannabe screenwriter who works for a Lithuanian crime boss (Ifans) defrauding American investors. Playwright-actor Norris would play the older brother, a successful but depressed banker with a drinking problem. Gerwig, star of Baumbach’s most recent feature Greenberg, would play Chip’s soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend, who works for a film production company. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation, with Baumbach set to direct the pilot. The two are executive producing with Rudin.
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Rhys Ifans & Greta Gerwig In Talks For 'Corrections'
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Andreeva
- Matthew Glave Cast In NBA Pilot, Gia Mantegna In ‘Cheerleader Death Squad’
- Kim Raver To Topline ABC Drama Pilot ‘The Advocate’
- Briga Heelan To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘How We Live’
- Dave Annable & Melissa George Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Heart Matters’
- Daniel Stern To Star In ‘Strange Calls'; Colm Feore Joins ‘The Kingmakers’
- Patrick Warburton To Star In Suzanne Martin NBC Comedy Pilot