Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Greta Gerwig and Rhys Ifans are in negotiations to join HBO’s drama pilot The Corrections. In the Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin project, the four would join previously cast Chris Cooper, Dianne Wiest and Ewan McGregor. Based on Jonathan Franzen’s acclaimed book, The Corrections revolves around the troubles of a Midwestern couple (Cooper and Wiest) and their three adult children as they trace their lives from the mid-20th century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. In her first-ever series gig, Oscar-nominated Gyllenhaal would play the youngest sibling, beautiful chef Denise. McGregor plays Chip, the middle child, a journalist and intellectual wannabe screenwriter who works for a Lithuanian crime boss (Ifans) defrauding American investors. Playwright-actor Norris would play the older brother, a successful but depressed banker with a drinking problem. Gerwig, star of Baumbach’s most recent feature Greenberg, would play Chip’s soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend, who works for a film production company. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation, with Baumbach set to direct the pilot. The two are executive producing with Rudin.
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Rhys Ifans & Greta Gerwig In Talks For 'Corrections'
What's Hot on Deadline
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
California Wildfires: Santa Barbara Orders Mandatory Evacuations, Celebrity Homes Threatened— Update
Latest TV News
- Comcast Launches Behind-The-Scenes ‘Will & Grace’ Companion Show On X1
- Disney|ABC Television Group Taps Mike Napodano As Chief Technology Officer
- Golden Globes TV: ‘Will & Grace’ Returns, ‘SMILF’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’, ‘Handmaid’s Tale’, ‘Big Little Lies’, ‘Feud’ & ‘Sinner…
- Donald Trump Blasts Don Lemon To Refute NYT Report He Views 8 Hours Of TV Daily
- ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Premiere Date Set For Syndication Debut On TBS
- ‘Homeland’: ‘The Americans’ Costa Ronin To Recur In Showtime Drama