Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Greta Gerwig and Rhys Ifans are in negotiations to join HBO’s drama pilot The Corrections. In the Noah Baumbach/Scott Rudin project, the four would join previously cast Chris Cooper, Dianne Wiest and Ewan McGregor. Based on Jonathan Franzen’s acclaimed book, The Corrections revolves around the troubles of a Midwestern couple (Cooper and Wiest) and their three adult children as they trace their lives from the mid-20th century to “one last Christmas” together near the turn of the millennium. In her first-ever series gig, Oscar-nominated Gyllenhaal would play the youngest sibling, beautiful chef Denise. McGregor plays Chip, the middle child, a journalist and intellectual wannabe screenwriter who works for a Lithuanian crime boss (Ifans) defrauding American investors. Playwright-actor Norris would play the older brother, a successful but depressed banker with a drinking problem. Gerwig, star of Baumbach’s most recent feature Greenberg, would play Chip’s soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend, who works for a film production company. Baumbach and Franzen co-wrote the adaptation, with Baumbach set to direct the pilot. The two are executive producing with Rudin.
Maggie Gyllenhaal, Bruce Norris, Rhys Ifans & Greta Gerwig In Talks For 'Corrections'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
'I Love You, Daddy' Trailer: Louis C.K. Dark Comedy About Worried Dad Whose Teen Daughter Dates 60-Something Director
Latest TV News
- BroadwayHD Streaming Service Lowers Price Point, Links With Amazon And Ericsson
- Sara Blaedel’s Louise Rick Crime Novels In Works As TV Series At Bron Studios
- LisaGay Hamilton Joins Beau Willimon’s ‘The First’
- ‘Salvation’ Summer Drama Series Renewed For Season 2 By CBS
- Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
- Marsha Thomason Scrubs In For ‘The Good Doctor’; Bahram Khosraviani Joins ‘The Brave’