Amazon’s LoveFilm, the European VOD subscription service, has announced new streaming deals with BBC Worldwide and ITV. The BBC agreement will provide digital access to such shows as Doctor Who, Life On Mars and spy drama Spooks. As for the renewed pact with ITV, it covers the network’s library as well as a selection of recent shows. It also adds further premium TV content to the LoveFilm Instant service. News of the deals comes on the same day as a TBI report said LoveFilm rival Netflix is understood to have lined up TV and film programming from Hollywood studios including Disney, Fox, Paramount and Sony. LoveFilm and Netflix have recently been waging a war of one-upmanship as Netflix gets ready to launch in the UK and Ireland early this year. LoveFilm already has deals in place with Entertainment One, Disney, Lionsgate, Momentum, Sony Pictures, StudioCanal and Warner Bros. Netflix has entered arrangements with Lionsgate, Miramax, MGM and BBC Worldwide. It has been reported that Netflix is also in talks with ITV, although there have been rumblings that a deal would not include first-run shows like Downton Abbey.
LoveFilm Pacts With BBC, ITV; Netflix Said Ramping Up Studio Fare For Euro Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV
- ‘Son Of Zorn’ Co-Creator/Co-Showrunner Eli Jorne Exits Fox Comedy Series
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Chelsea Handler & EPs Talk Delivering Info With Humor In Docu-Series
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Now Even, ‘Big Bang’ Up, ‘Mom’ & Game Of Silence’ Adjusted Down In Final Numbers…
- The A.V. Club Sets Up At Fusion; Weekly Show To Bow This Year