Amazon’s LoveFilm, the European VOD subscription service, has announced new streaming deals with BBC Worldwide and ITV. The BBC agreement will provide digital access to such shows as Doctor Who, Life On Mars and spy drama Spooks. As for the renewed pact with ITV, it covers the network’s library as well as a selection of recent shows. It also adds further premium TV content to the LoveFilm Instant service. News of the deals comes on the same day as a TBI report said LoveFilm rival Netflix is understood to have lined up TV and film programming from Hollywood studios including Disney, Fox, Paramount and Sony. LoveFilm and Netflix have recently been waging a war of one-upmanship as Netflix gets ready to launch in the UK and Ireland early this year. LoveFilm already has deals in place with Entertainment One, Disney, Lionsgate, Momentum, Sony Pictures, StudioCanal and Warner Bros. Netflix has entered arrangements with Lionsgate, Miramax, MGM and BBC Worldwide. It has been reported that Netflix is also in talks with ITV, although there have been rumblings that a deal would not include first-run shows like Downton Abbey.
LoveFilm Pacts With BBC, ITV; Netflix Said Ramping Up Studio Fare For Euro Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest TV News
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- ‘The Orville’: Chris Johnson Set To Recur On Season 2 Of Seth MacFarlane’s Fox Dramedy
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
- Russell Hornsby To Star In Fox Legal Drama Pilot Produced By Danny Strong
- Move! Binge-Watching Might Be Hazardous To Your Health, Study Says
- ‘A Million Little Things’: Anne Son To Co-Star In ABC Drama Pilot