Amazon’s LoveFilm, the European VOD subscription service, has announced new streaming deals with BBC Worldwide and ITV. The BBC agreement will provide digital access to such shows as Doctor Who, Life On Mars and spy drama Spooks. As for the renewed pact with ITV, it covers the network’s library as well as a selection of recent shows. It also adds further premium TV content to the LoveFilm Instant service. News of the deals comes on the same day as a TBI report said LoveFilm rival Netflix is understood to have lined up TV and film programming from Hollywood studios including Disney, Fox, Paramount and Sony. LoveFilm and Netflix have recently been waging a war of one-upmanship as Netflix gets ready to launch in the UK and Ireland early this year. LoveFilm already has deals in place with Entertainment One, Disney, Lionsgate, Momentum, Sony Pictures, StudioCanal and Warner Bros. Netflix has entered arrangements with Lionsgate, Miramax, MGM and BBC Worldwide. It has been reported that Netflix is also in talks with ITV, although there have been rumblings that a deal would not include first-run shows like Downton Abbey.
LoveFilm Pacts With BBC, ITV; Netflix Said Ramping Up Studio Fare For Euro Launch
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: '99 Homes' Takes On The 1% With Andrew Garfield, Michael Shannon (Video)
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival