On the heels of Dance Moms opening its second season with a series high 2.5 million viewers, Lifetime has greenlighted a spinoff series, Dance Moms: Miami. The six-episode series will go behind-the-scenes at Miami-based Stars Dance Studio, focusing on its owners Victor Smalley and Angel, their young students and their mothers. “Dance Moms quickly became a stand-out hit for Lifetime last year that we knew would be perfect to build out and franchise into other series,” said Lifetime president Nancy Dubuc. Dance Moms: Miami will be produced by Dance Moms producer Collins Avenue and executive produced by Jeff Collins, Bryan Stinson and John R. Corella. The original Dance Moms, which stars outspoken dance instructor Abby Lee Miller, is Lifetime’s youngest-skewing series with a median age of 37. While it started on the scripted side when CBS spun off its forensic hit CSI into new series set in different locations with CSI: Miami and CSI: NY, this has now become the model for expanding a reality franchise following Bravo’s success with Real Housewives.
Lifetime Greenlights 'Dance Moms' Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”