On the heels of Dance Moms opening its second season with a series high 2.5 million viewers, Lifetime has greenlighted a spinoff series, Dance Moms: Miami. The six-episode series will go behind-the-scenes at Miami-based Stars Dance Studio, focusing on its owners Victor Smalley and Angel, their young students and their mothers. “Dance Moms quickly became a stand-out hit for Lifetime last year that we knew would be perfect to build out and franchise into other series,” said Lifetime president Nancy Dubuc. Dance Moms: Miami will be produced by Dance Moms producer Collins Avenue and executive produced by Jeff Collins, Bryan Stinson and John R. Corella. The original Dance Moms, which stars outspoken dance instructor Abby Lee Miller, is Lifetime’s youngest-skewing series with a median age of 37. While it started on the scripted side when CBS spun off its forensic hit CSI into new series set in different locations with CSI: Miami and CSI: NY, this has now become the model for expanding a reality franchise following Bravo’s success with Real Housewives.
Lifetime Greenlights 'Dance Moms' Spinoff
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV
- ‘Son Of Zorn’ Co-Creator/Co-Showrunner Eli Jorne Exits Fox Comedy Series
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Chelsea Handler & EPs Talk Delivering Info With Humor In Docu-Series
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Now Even, ‘Big Bang’ Up, ‘Mom’ & Game Of Silence’ Adjusted Down In Final Numbers…
- The A.V. Club Sets Up At Fusion; Weekly Show To Bow This Year