On the heels of ordering a spinoff of reality hit Dance Moms set in Miami, Lifetime is looking to cross over the franchise to ice skating. The network and Dance Moms producer Collins Avenue are developing Ice Moms, a new docuseries about the world of competitive figure skating. It will center on the Dearborn, Mich.-based figure skating coaching duo of Laurie Vigilante and Adam Schmidt, who dutifully rule the rink and train their students who aspire to become champion skaters. “We’ve conquered the world of competitive dance with our hit Dance Moms and have great plans to expand the franchise to Miami,” said Lifetime’s EVP Rob Sharenow. “Now, we’re bringing the format to the intensely competitive world of figure skating and revealing the explosive dynamic between the kids, parents and coaches who all want to be the best.” Dance Moms has been posting series highs in its second season, including 2.5 million in total viewers and 1.3 million in adults 18-49.
Lifetime Expands 'Dance Moms' Franchise To Figure Skating
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'