EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just learned that The Hunger Games‘ Liam Hemsworth is about to close a deal to star as ‘Chris’ in Empire State, an indie heist movie written by Adam Mazer (Breach, HBO’s You Don’t Know Jack) with Dito Montiel (Fighting, The Son Of No One) directing. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is negotiating to play ‘Ransone’. David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films are producing. Randall Emmett and George Furla’s Emmett/Furla Films is financing. Formerly titled The Sentry Keep, pic is based on the true story of a 1982 NYC armored car company robbery thought at the time to be the largest cash heist in U.S. history. Filming would begin in April. Both Liam and The Rock keep booking high-profile pic after pic recently. But this movie features my kind of casting: 8-pack abs times two. I like male pulchritude with muscles.
Liam Hemsworth To Star In 'Empire State': Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson In Negotiations
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- ‘Ready Player One’ Young Co-Star Philip Zhou Signs With Abrams Artists Agency
- Tribeca Winner ‘Here Alone’ To Get Early 2017 Release Via Vertical Entertainment
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Nabs $4.3M, ‘Bad Moms’ Purse $2M – Thursday Box Office Previews
- ‘Nerve’ Box Office Takes $2.3M Thursday To Cull $6M In Three Days
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love