EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just learned that The Hunger Games‘ Liam Hemsworth is about to close a deal to star as ‘Chris’ in Empire State, an indie heist movie written by Adam Mazer (Breach, HBO’s You Don’t Know Jack) with Dito Montiel (Fighting, The Son Of No One) directing. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is negotiating to play ‘Ransone’. David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films are producing. Randall Emmett and George Furla’s Emmett/Furla Films is financing. Formerly titled The Sentry Keep, pic is based on the true story of a 1982 NYC armored car company robbery thought at the time to be the largest cash heist in U.S. history. Filming would begin in April. Both Liam and The Rock keep booking high-profile pic after pic recently. But this movie features my kind of casting: 8-pack abs times two. I like male pulchritude with muscles.
Liam Hemsworth To Star In 'Empire State': Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson In Negotiations
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- ‘Ordinary World’ Gets Fall Release Date; ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir & T.J. Miller
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’