EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just learned that The Hunger Games‘ Liam Hemsworth is about to close a deal to star as ‘Chris’ in Empire State, an indie heist movie written by Adam Mazer (Breach, HBO’s You Don’t Know Jack) with Dito Montiel (Fighting, The Son Of No One) directing. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is negotiating to play ‘Ransone’. David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman of Mandeville Films are producing. Randall Emmett and George Furla’s Emmett/Furla Films is financing. Formerly titled The Sentry Keep, pic is based on the true story of a 1982 NYC armored car company robbery thought at the time to be the largest cash heist in U.S. history. Filming would begin in April. Both Liam and The Rock keep booking high-profile pic after pic recently. But this movie features my kind of casting: 8-pack abs times two. I like male pulchritude with muscles.
Liam Hemsworth To Star In 'Empire State': Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson In Negotiations
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
'Deadpool 2' Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; 'Avengers: Infinity War' Tops $1.81B WW - International Box Office
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Rose McGowan Reads Hollywood Missive In Surprise 'Letters Live' NYC Appearance; Joins Benedict Cumberbatch, Edie Falco
Latest Film News
- 'First Reformed' Nabs Top Spot; 'Pope Francis' Mixed: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Fox Record With $176M Overseas Bow; ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Tops $1.81B WW – International…
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or
- Cannes: Human Stories And World Politics Are Deservedly Big Winners On The Cote d’Azur
- Netflix Gets North Am, Latin Am Rights To Cannes Award-Winners ‘Happy As Lazzaro’ And ‘Girl’