DirecTV’s sports fans in Miami already know the bad news, and showbiz devotees in Boston soon will: The satellite company failed to strike a carriage deal with Sunbeam Television prior to Fox’s broadcast of the NFL playoff game between the Green Bay Packers and New York Giants — and there are no plans to talk before NBC shows the Golden Globes tonight. Sunbeam owns Fox-affiliate WSVN in Miami where DirecTV has about 250,000 customers, and NBC affiliate WHDH and CW affiliate WLVI in Boston where the satellite company has 200,000 subs. In an email sent just before game time DirecTV asked Sunbeam for permission show the match without a contractual agreement “so our customers will not be deprived of yet another playoff game in your markets.” The satellite company added that it is “available at any time to discuss our agreement when you are ready to respond to our last offer.” Sunbeam, seeking a 300% in its rates, yanked its stations from DirecTV Friday at midnight.
Last Minute Effort Fails To Save NFL And Golden Globe Telecasts For Some DirecTV Customers
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Latest TV News
- No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, ‘Wayward Pines’ Finale Down From 2015
- Dwayne Johnson Comedy ‘Ballers’ Renewed For Season 3 By HBO
- ‘Snowfall’: John Singleton FX Pilot Adds Four To Cast
- MTV Classic Launch: Details About VH1 Classic’s Rebranding & New Lineup
- VH1 & Ice Cube Partner On Hip Hop Version Of ‘Hollywood Squares’
- Stephen Colbert Enlists John Oliver’s Help In ‘Fight Song’ Parody