CNN’s Anderson Cooper absolutely saw it coming. When his colleague Wolf Blitzer unveiled the latest silly technical wizardry during the network’s coverage of the Iowa caucuses on Tuesday night — CGI blobs representing Iowa voters — Cooper was not impressed. He called the CGI people “Weebles” because of their resemblance to the children’s toys, and told Blitzer at the end of the segment, “If you miss any of this you can see it later on The Daily Show With Jon Stewart when he ruthlessly mocks you.” And that’s exactly what Stewart did last night, calling the CGI models “cybernetic, multi-colored, featureless dildo people.” Here is The Daily Show video as well as the CNN CGI segment:
Jon Stewart Mocks CNN's CGI Pageantry During Iowa Caucuses Coverage
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Velocity Revs Up 2017-18 Programming Slate; Unveils 3 New Series; 13 Returning Franchises
- ‘Rescue Dog To Super Dog’ Unscripted Series Greenlighted By Animal Planet
- Amazon Lands Barry Jenkins & Plan B’s 'Underground Railroad' Limited Series
- FYI’s 2017 Programming Slate Includes Nine New Series, Five Returning Series
- 'Big Bang Theory’ Star Johnny Galecki Teams With Science Channel For 'SciJinks'
- ‘Cash Cab’: Revamped Series Returns To Discovery