EXCLUSIVE: John Stamos is in preliminary talks to star in the Fox comedy pilot Little Brother. I hear Stamos’ decision hinges largely on a rewrite, which is now being done by the project’s scribe, Everybody Loves Raymond alum Mike Royce. The project was originally ordered as an off-cycle pilot in September. It cast actor-comedian T.J. Miller (ABC’s Carpoolers) as one of the two leads in November but had been having difficulties finding the right actor for the other lead. The single-camera comedy, from 20th TV, 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods. and Hat Trick, is about a man, the role Stamos is eyed for, who finds out that he has a half-brother (Miller) he never knew about who also happens to be an ex-con. The project has a long history. It was originally written by British scribe Fintan Ryan and rolled by Fox for the past 2 seasons until Royce was brought in in September to write a new script, which quickly netted a cast-contingent pilot order. The pilot already has an A-list director attached, 21 Laps/Adelstein principal and project’s exec producer Shawn Levy, should Stamos agree to do it. Stamos, who is being sought after for multiple pilots this season, is generating buzz with his upcoming commercial for Dannon Yogurt’s Oikos brand, which will premiere during the Super Bowl on Sunday.
John Stamos Circling Fox Comedy Pilot 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- Top BBC Presenter Claims Class Pay Gap As Wide As Gender Pay Gap
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”
- MSNBC Analyst Michael Steele To Conservative Honcho: “I’ve Taken Crap You Have No Idea About”
- Fox News To Air Live Donald Trump Interview With Jeanine Pirro Tonight
- CNN Claims Father Of School Shooting Hero May Have Altered Email To Fuel “Fake News” Charges