EXCLUSIVE: John Stamos is in preliminary talks to star in the Fox comedy pilot Little Brother. I hear Stamos’ decision hinges largely on a rewrite, which is now being done by the project’s scribe, Everybody Loves Raymond alum Mike Royce. The project was originally ordered as an off-cycle pilot in September. It cast actor-comedian T.J. Miller (ABC’s Carpoolers) as one of the two leads in November but had been having difficulties finding the right actor for the other lead. The single-camera comedy, from 20th TV, 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods. and Hat Trick, is about a man, the role Stamos is eyed for, who finds out that he has a half-brother (Miller) he never knew about who also happens to be an ex-con. The project has a long history. It was originally written by British scribe Fintan Ryan and rolled by Fox for the past 2 seasons until Royce was brought in in September to write a new script, which quickly netted a cast-contingent pilot order. The pilot already has an A-list director attached, 21 Laps/Adelstein principal and project’s exec producer Shawn Levy, should Stamos agree to do it. Stamos, who is being sought after for multiple pilots this season, is generating buzz with his upcoming commercial for Dannon Yogurt’s Oikos brand, which will premiere during the Super Bowl on Sunday.
John Stamos Circling Fox Comedy Pilot 'Little Brother'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- News & Documentary Emmy Noms: PBS & CBS Lap Field; Charles Osgood Gets Career Honor
- ‘Midnight, Texas’ Off To Solid Ratings Start, ‘Somewhere Between’ Soft, ‘The Bachelorette’ Tops With…
- Hilary Zaitz Michael Named WME Lit Packaging Agent
- Epix Sets Fall Premiere Dates For ‘Berlin Station’ & ‘Graves’ Season 2; ‘Danica’ Docu…
- ‘America Divided’ Renewed For Season 2 By Epix – TCA
- ZoneTV Teams With Microsoft And Ooyala To Offer User-Tailored Linear TV Channels