Jeffrey A. Okun, head of visual effects for Prana Studios, has been re-elected for a fourth one-year term as chairman of the board of the Visual Effects Society. Okun, an innovator and creator of groundbreaking effects designs, pledged to continue work on behalf of visual effects artists in all media. Movies he’s worked on include The Last Starfighter, Stargate, The Last Samurai and The Day the Earth Stood Still. Other officers on the VES board are first vice chair Michael Fink, second vice chair Pam Hogarth, treasurer Bob Coleman and secretary Kim Lavery. Eric Roth is executive director of the society. Fink is a veteran visual effects supervisor with well over 50 movies under his belt including Avatar and Tree of Life. Pam Hogarth is director of marketing for Look Effects and Bob Coleman is president of Digital Artists Agency. Lavery is a veteran VFX producer with more than two decades of experience whose resume includes the movies Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Last Samurai, X-Men: The Last Stand and Enchanted.
Jeffrey Okun Re-Elected As VES Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video