Jeffrey A. Okun, head of visual effects for Prana Studios, has been re-elected for a fourth one-year term as chairman of the board of the Visual Effects Society. Okun, an innovator and creator of groundbreaking effects designs, pledged to continue work on behalf of visual effects artists in all media. Movies he’s worked on include The Last Starfighter, Stargate, The Last Samurai and The Day the Earth Stood Still. Other officers on the VES board are first vice chair Michael Fink, second vice chair Pam Hogarth, treasurer Bob Coleman and secretary Kim Lavery. Eric Roth is executive director of the society. Fink is a veteran visual effects supervisor with well over 50 movies under his belt including Avatar and Tree of Life. Pam Hogarth is director of marketing for Look Effects and Bob Coleman is president of Digital Artists Agency. Lavery is a veteran VFX producer with more than two decades of experience whose resume includes the movies Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Last Samurai, X-Men: The Last Stand and Enchanted.
Jeffrey Okun Re-Elected As VES Chairman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'