Jeffrey A. Okun, head of visual effects for Prana Studios, has been re-elected for a fourth one-year term as chairman of the board of the Visual Effects Society. Okun, an innovator and creator of groundbreaking effects designs, pledged to continue work on behalf of visual effects artists in all media. Movies he’s worked on include The Last Starfighter, Stargate, The Last Samurai and The Day the Earth Stood Still. Other officers on the VES board are first vice chair Michael Fink, second vice chair Pam Hogarth, treasurer Bob Coleman and secretary Kim Lavery. Eric Roth is executive director of the society. Fink is a veteran visual effects supervisor with well over 50 movies under his belt including Avatar and Tree of Life. Pam Hogarth is director of marketing for Look Effects and Bob Coleman is president of Digital Artists Agency. Lavery is a veteran VFX producer with more than two decades of experience whose resume includes the movies Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Last Samurai, X-Men: The Last Stand and Enchanted.
Jeffrey Okun Re-Elected As VES Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’