Last Resort, the large-scale drama from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan and feature writer Karl Gajdusek, has been given a pilot order. The news comes 2 days after the the Sony TV-produced project, which already had a hefty pilot production commitment, tapped Casino Royale helmer Martin Campbell to direct the pilot. The pilot also has a line producer and a casting director already on board. Last Resort is a thriller set in the near future when the country is very fractured and revolves around the crew of a U.S. nuclear submarine who become hunted fugitives after ignoring an order to fire nuclear missiles. They escape to a NATO listening outpost where they publicly declare themselves to be the world’s smallest nuclear nation with 24 nuclear warheads. The show explores the society the fugitives create, the natives they meet and how what they’ve done affects the group and its unity. At ABC, Last Resort joins Roland Emmerich one-hour, metaphysical drama pilot set against the backdrop of the 2012 Presidential race. In addition to Last Resort, Ryan has another high-profile project in contention, a crime procedural with Criminal Minds creator Simon Mirren, which has a put pilot commitment at CBS.
It's Official: ABC Greenlights Shawn Ryan's Drama 'Last Resort' To Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’