EXCLUSIVE: Indomina is closing a world rights deal for Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap, the Ice-T and Andy Baybutt-directed documentary about the art of hip-hop. I’m told Indomina is planning a meaningful theatrical release in the early summer. UTA and Myman Greenspan are brokering the deal. In the film, Ice-T travels coast to coast, visiting with the likes of Afrika Bambaata, Grandmaster Flash, Nas, Mos Def, Eminem, Chuck D, Run-DMC, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg to trace the inspiration for an American art form.
Indomina Buys Ice-T's 'The Art of Rap': Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Sierra/Affinity Boards Andrew Niccol’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Anon’ – Cannes
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Will Ferrell Not “Pursuing” ‘Reagan’ Black List Film After All
- Marc Platt To Bring Sega’s ‘Shinobi’ To Big Screen