EXCLUSIVE: While talent agencies comb Sundance to find and sign new talent, ICM has signed Adepero Oduye, who turned in one of 2011 Sundance’s breakout performance as the star of the Dee Rees-directed Pariah. The Cornell University grad is nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead for her performance as Alike, a 17-year-old lesbian struggling with her identity in Brooklyn. But that accolade might pale compared to what happened last Sunday, when Meryl Streep gave Oduye a shout-out from the stage while accepting her Golden Globes Award for The Iron Lady. After auditioning for a role as an extra in the 2007 award-winning short film Pariah, Oduye was tapped by Rees to make her debut as the star of the feature, which was recently released in theaters by Focus Features. Oduye continues to be managed by Kathy Atkinson.
ICM Signs 'Pariah' Star Adepero Oduye
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
More From Fleming Jr
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’