Lionsgate has sold Canadian crime drama Endgame to Hulu, which will begin streaming the show’s first season in the U.S. on Hulu and Hulu Plus today. The deal comes on the heels of two other Canadian series getting acquired by traditional U.S. TV networks, Saving Hope by NBC and The L.A. Complex by the CW. It also follows Lionsgate’ recently recent pact with Hulu for Hell’s Kitchen. Endgame, which premiered on Canada’s Showcase in March 2011, earned five Gemini nominations in its first season, including for best drama series. Created by Avrum Jacobson and produced by Thunderbird Films in association with Front Street Pictures, Endgame centers on a brilliant chess master (Shawn Doyle) who, traumatized by the murder of his fiancée, becomes a prisoner in his luxury Vancouver hotel and, to pay the bills, works as a detective, solving mysteries with the help of a band of hotel employees and chess fanatics.
Hulu Picks Up Canadian Drama 'Endgame'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spiderman' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest TV News
- ‘Humans’ Renewed For Season 3 By AMC
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha