Lionsgate has sold Canadian crime drama Endgame to Hulu, which will begin streaming the show’s first season in the U.S. on Hulu and Hulu Plus today. The deal comes on the heels of two other Canadian series getting acquired by traditional U.S. TV networks, Saving Hope by NBC and The L.A. Complex by the CW. It also follows Lionsgate’ recently recent pact with Hulu for Hell’s Kitchen. Endgame, which premiered on Canada’s Showcase in March 2011, earned five Gemini nominations in its first season, including for best drama series. Created by Avrum Jacobson and produced by Thunderbird Films in association with Front Street Pictures, Endgame centers on a brilliant chess master (Shawn Doyle) who, traumatized by the murder of his fiancée, becomes a prisoner in his luxury Vancouver hotel and, to pay the bills, works as a detective, solving mysteries with the help of a band of hotel employees and chess fanatics.
Hulu Picks Up Canadian Drama 'Endgame'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers - UPDATE
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening Is A Career Best For Director Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- Jane Pauley Named Anchor Of ‘CBS Sunday Morning’; Will Succeed Charles Osgood
- Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban’s Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers…
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb From Listing Actors' Ages
- Courtney Cox & Lisa Kudrow Are There For Each Other For ‘Friends’ Quiz
- ‘Big Bang’, ‘Gotham’, ‘Lucifer’, ‘Good Place’ Lead Premiere Monday L3…
- ‘MacGyver’ Off To Strong Ratings Start On Friday, ‘The Exorcist’ Modest In Debut