Lionsgate has sold Canadian crime drama Endgame to Hulu, which will begin streaming the show’s first season in the U.S. on Hulu and Hulu Plus today. The deal comes on the heels of two other Canadian series getting acquired by traditional U.S. TV networks, Saving Hope by NBC and The L.A. Complex by the CW. It also follows Lionsgate’ recently recent pact with Hulu for Hell’s Kitchen. Endgame, which premiered on Canada’s Showcase in March 2011, earned five Gemini nominations in its first season, including for best drama series. Created by Avrum Jacobson and produced by Thunderbird Films in association with Front Street Pictures, Endgame centers on a brilliant chess master (Shawn Doyle) who, traumatized by the murder of his fiancée, becomes a prisoner in his luxury Vancouver hotel and, to pay the bills, works as a detective, solving mysteries with the help of a band of hotel employees and chess fanatics.
Hulu Picks Up Canadian Drama 'Endgame'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Briga Heelan To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot ‘How We Live’
- Dave Annable & Melissa George Cast In NBC Pilot ‘Heart Matters’
- Daniel Stern To Star In ‘Strange Calls'; Colm Feore Joins ‘The Kingmakers’
- Patrick Warburton To Star In Suzanne Martin NBC Comedy Pilot
- Eileen Ford Bio ‘Model Woman’ Optioned By Sony TV For Series From KJ Steinberg
- Elliott Gould Cast In CBS’ Pilot ‘Doubt'; Lacey Chabert In ABC’s ‘Family Fortune’