The Warner Bros 3D family adventure sequel opened first internationally to great numbers from an early rollout to less than double-digit territorie including Australia Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. With $18.6M so far, it’s been tracking 95% ahead of the 2008 first installment, Journey To The Center Of the Earth for the same markets. Journey 2 opens in the UK, Brazil, Mexico and some smaller markets next weekend and on February 10th in North America:
Hot Trailer: 'Journey 2: Mysterious Island'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’