A trailer is up for West Of Memphis, the Amy Berg-directed feature documentary about the Arkansas trial that saw three teens pinned for the brutal 1993 murder of three boys — without a shred of physical evidence. The documentary is produced by Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, who spent their own funds to try and uncover the truth and set Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin free. Echols and Lorri Davis are also producers. The defendants were finally let out after nearly 20 years in prison but were not technically exonerated. The film will debut as Sundance on January 20, where it will be eyed for theatrical distribution.
Hot Sundance Trailer: 'West Of Memphis'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
Latest Film News
- Anne Hathaway Circling ‘Barbie’ At Sony
- ‘The Marriage Pact’: Fox & Chernin Nab Rights To Upcoming Novel For Justin Haythe To Adapt
- Gravitas Acquires ‘Fallen’, A Polarizing Police Officer Documentary Narrated By Michael Chiklis
- Loretta Devine, Kimberly Elise, Deon Cole & More Cast In ‘Headshop’
- Writers’ Health Care Costs Going Up In January
- Tommy Dewey & Francois Arnaud To Star In Marc Carlini’s ‘She's In Portland’