HBO Documentary Films has acquired U.S. broadcast rights to Me @ The Zoo, which will appear in the U.S. Documentary competition at this month’s Sundance Film Festival. The feature doc, directed by first-time helmers Chris Moukarbel and Valerie Veatch, explores Internet celebrity and focuses on video blogger Chris Crocker, whose “Leave Britney Alone” post on YouTube made him a Web star. Submarine’s Josh Braun negotiated the deal with HBO; Memento Films International is handling international rights.
HBO Acquires Rights To Sundance Documentary 'Me @ The Zoo'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: VIDEO
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)
- 'Angry Birds' Movie: Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Josh Gad & More Flock To Voice Cast