HBO Documentary Films has acquired U.S. broadcast rights to Me @ The Zoo, which will appear in the U.S. Documentary competition at this month’s Sundance Film Festival. The feature doc, directed by first-time helmers Chris Moukarbel and Valerie Veatch, explores Internet celebrity and focuses on video blogger Chris Crocker, whose “Leave Britney Alone” post on YouTube made him a Web star. Submarine’s Josh Braun negotiated the deal with HBO; Memento Films International is handling international rights.
HBO Acquires Rights To Sundance Documentary 'Me @ The Zoo'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'