HBO Documentary Films has acquired U.S. broadcast rights to Me @ The Zoo, which will appear in the U.S. Documentary competition at this month’s Sundance Film Festival. The feature doc, directed by first-time helmers Chris Moukarbel and Valerie Veatch, explores Internet celebrity and focuses on video blogger Chris Crocker, whose “Leave Britney Alone” post on YouTube made him a Web star. Submarine’s Josh Braun negotiated the deal with HBO; Memento Films International is handling international rights.
HBO Acquires Rights To Sundance Documentary 'Me @ The Zoo'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'
- Deadline Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge; Nominates Katzenberg, Soderbergh And Lindelof: Video
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV