HBO Documentary Films has acquired U.S. broadcast rights to Me @ The Zoo, which will appear in the U.S. Documentary competition at this month’s Sundance Film Festival. The feature doc, directed by first-time helmers Chris Moukarbel and Valerie Veatch, explores Internet celebrity and focuses on video blogger Chris Crocker, whose “Leave Britney Alone” post on YouTube made him a Web star. Submarine’s Josh Braun negotiated the deal with HBO; Memento Films International is handling international rights.
HBO Acquires Rights To Sundance Documentary 'Me @ The Zoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Sony Second Studio To Reach Settlement In Animation Anti-Poaching Suit
- ‘The Family Fang' & 'The Man Who Knew Infinity' Top Mixed Weekend: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…
- Watch Obama Blast Trump, Clinton & CNN At Final White House Correspondents’ Dinner – Update
- Geno Havens Dies; ‘The Jerk,’ ‘Switchblade Sisters’ Casting Director Was 75