HBO Documentary Films has acquired U.S. broadcast rights to Me @ The Zoo, which will appear in the U.S. Documentary competition at this month’s Sundance Film Festival. The feature doc, directed by first-time helmers Chris Moukarbel and Valerie Veatch, explores Internet celebrity and focuses on video blogger Chris Crocker, whose “Leave Britney Alone” post on YouTube made him a Web star. Submarine’s Josh Braun negotiated the deal with HBO; Memento Films International is handling international rights.
HBO Acquires Rights To Sundance Documentary 'Me @ The Zoo'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Focus World Cuffs ‘Cop Car'; ARC Bites ‘Walking Deceased'; Cinedigm Inks With Brand Inc
- Paul Scheer Heads To ‘Daddy’s Home’, Joins Brian Huskey In Musical ‘One Shot’
- Location Managers Guild Scouts Out Awards Nominations
- Chazz Palminteri Plans Stage Return In ‘Breaking Bobby Stone’
- Oscars: Margot Robbie & Miles Teller To Host Sci-Tech Awards
- Biz Strategist Victor Antonio Helps Families In Financial Crisis In New Spike TV Series