HBO Documentary Films has acquired U.S. broadcast rights to Me @ The Zoo, which will appear in the U.S. Documentary competition at this month’s Sundance Film Festival. The feature doc, directed by first-time helmers Chris Moukarbel and Valerie Veatch, explores Internet celebrity and focuses on video blogger Chris Crocker, whose “Leave Britney Alone” post on YouTube made him a Web star. Submarine’s Josh Braun negotiated the deal with HBO; Memento Films International is handling international rights.
HBO Acquires Rights To Sundance Documentary 'Me @ The Zoo'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Warner Bros Plans Buyouts, Potential Layoffs
- Hot TV Teaser: 'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 2
- Disney Defrosts New 'Frozen' Short For 2015
- R.I.P. Music Executive & Producer David Anderle
- History's 'Houdini' Locks Up 3.7M On First Night; 'Saved By The Bell' Pic Soft
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero' Adds Cast