The Bible is getting its own reality show! Game Show Network has given a pilot order to The American Bible Challenge, an original one-hour game show which tests contestants on their Biblical knowledge. It is executive produced by Who Wants To Be A Millionaire executive producer Michael Davies of Embassy Row and Tom Forman of RelativityREAL. Also involved as consultant producers are Nick Stuart and Maura Dunbar of Odyssey Networks, the country’s largest multi-faith media coalition. “The American Bible Challenge celebrates America’s passion for The Bible in an entertaining, unconventional format that makes The Good Book more accessible to the whole family,” said GSN’s new EVP Programming Amy Introcaso-Davis, who joined the network in November. Given the spiritual subject of the show, it’s not surprising that the contestants won’t be vying for cash prizes for themselves. “The competition will be rooted in personal stories of faith and community, and the teams will compete to win money to help support their faith communities,” the network said.
GSN Picks Up Bible Game Show Pilot From 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Bill Cosby Loses Attempt To Move 2004 Rape Trial; Actor Granted Outside Jury
- ‘Incorporated’ Canceled By Syfy After One Season
- Time Warner Shares Rise As FCC Chief Says He Probably Won’t Review AT&T Deal
- Rachelle Lefevre To Star In ‘Doomsday’ ABC Drama Pilot
- Sony Pictures Television Taps Jennifer Solari As VP Media & Talent Relations
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”