The Bible is getting its own reality show! Game Show Network has given a pilot order to The American Bible Challenge, an original one-hour game show which tests contestants on their Biblical knowledge. It is executive produced by Who Wants To Be A Millionaire executive producer Michael Davies of Embassy Row and Tom Forman of RelativityREAL. Also involved as consultant producers are Nick Stuart and Maura Dunbar of Odyssey Networks, the country’s largest multi-faith media coalition. “The American Bible Challenge celebrates America’s passion for The Bible in an entertaining, unconventional format that makes The Good Book more accessible to the whole family,” said GSN’s new EVP Programming Amy Introcaso-Davis, who joined the network in November. Given the spiritual subject of the show, it’s not surprising that the contestants won’t be vying for cash prizes for themselves. “The competition will be rooted in personal stories of faith and community, and the teams will compete to win money to help support their faith communities,” the network said.
GSN Picks Up Bible Game Show Pilot From 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'