The Bible is getting its own reality show! Game Show Network has given a pilot order to The American Bible Challenge, an original one-hour game show which tests contestants on their Biblical knowledge. It is executive produced by Who Wants To Be A Millionaire executive producer Michael Davies of Embassy Row and Tom Forman of RelativityREAL. Also involved as consultant producers are Nick Stuart and Maura Dunbar of Odyssey Networks, the country’s largest multi-faith media coalition. “The American Bible Challenge celebrates America’s passion for The Bible in an entertaining, unconventional format that makes The Good Book more accessible to the whole family,” said GSN’s new EVP Programming Amy Introcaso-Davis, who joined the network in November. Given the spiritual subject of the show, it’s not surprising that the contestants won’t be vying for cash prizes for themselves. “The competition will be rooted in personal stories of faith and community, and the teams will compete to win money to help support their faith communities,” the network said.
GSN Picks Up Bible Game Show Pilot From 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?