The Bible is getting its own reality show! Game Show Network has given a pilot order to The American Bible Challenge, an original one-hour game show which tests contestants on their Biblical knowledge. It is executive produced by Who Wants To Be A Millionaire executive producer Michael Davies of Embassy Row and Tom Forman of RelativityREAL. Also involved as consultant producers are Nick Stuart and Maura Dunbar of Odyssey Networks, the country’s largest multi-faith media coalition. “The American Bible Challenge celebrates America’s passion for The Bible in an entertaining, unconventional format that makes The Good Book more accessible to the whole family,” said GSN’s new EVP Programming Amy Introcaso-Davis, who joined the network in November. Given the spiritual subject of the show, it’s not surprising that the contestants won’t be vying for cash prizes for themselves. “The competition will be rooted in personal stories of faith and community, and the teams will compete to win money to help support their faith communities,” the network said.
GSN Picks Up Bible Game Show Pilot From 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- ‘I’m Dying Up Here’: Xosha Roquemore Set To Recur In Season 2 Of Showtime Series
- ‘The Rookie’: Alyssa Diaz Cast In Nathan Fillion’s ABC Light Drama Series
- Time’s Up Turns Down Deven MacNair’s Plea For Help In Fighting Sex Discrimination In Stunt Biz
- NRA’s Dana Loesch, Sitcom Star? ‘NCIS’ Producer Says He Got The Pitch
- ‘Stand Up For Something’ Being Used As Rallying Call For Gun Violence Prevention Movement
- StudioCanal Launching French TV Production Unit