The Bible is getting its own reality show! Game Show Network has given a pilot order to The American Bible Challenge, an original one-hour game show which tests contestants on their Biblical knowledge. It is executive produced by Who Wants To Be A Millionaire executive producer Michael Davies of Embassy Row and Tom Forman of RelativityREAL. Also involved as consultant producers are Nick Stuart and Maura Dunbar of Odyssey Networks, the country’s largest multi-faith media coalition. “The American Bible Challenge celebrates America’s passion for The Bible in an entertaining, unconventional format that makes The Good Book more accessible to the whole family,” said GSN’s new EVP Programming Amy Introcaso-Davis, who joined the network in November. Given the spiritual subject of the show, it’s not surprising that the contestants won’t be vying for cash prizes for themselves. “The competition will be rooted in personal stories of faith and community, and the teams will compete to win money to help support their faith communities,” the network said.
GSN Picks Up Bible Game Show Pilot From 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest TV News
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises
- Donald Trump Plans Rally For Night Of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- ‘Rise’, ‘For God And Country’ Get Closer To NBC Series Pickups With Staffing Offers
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy