The search giant is down more than 9% after reporting 4Q earnings of $8.22 a share, below the Street’s $8.41 consensus forecast. Net profit came in at $2.7B, up 6.4% vs the same period last year, on revenues of $10.6B, up 25.4%. But when ad commissions are taken out, the revenue figure drops to $8.1B, which is short of what most analysts expected. Google-owned sites accounted for 69% of total revenues. Although investors were disappointed, CEO Larry Page was ebullient: “I am super excited about the growth of Android, Gmail, and Google+, which now has 90M users globally. … I’m very excited about what we can do in 2012 — there are tremendous opportunities to help users and grow our business.” He declined to tell analysts how many Google+ users he expects to have a year from now.
Google Shares Fall After Rare 4Q Earnings Miss
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia
- ‘Coco’ Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; ‘Justice League’ At $61M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $32M+: Friday…
- Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: “I’m Glad It’s Going Slowly, You Don’t Deserve A Bullet… Stay Tuned”…
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay