Goldman Sachs is seeking to offload its two-thirds stake in movie financing and distribution company Alliance Films, the Financial Times reported today. Canadian-based Alliance has a sizable library and is the north-of-the-border distributor for Lionsgate, CBS Films, Weinstein Company, Focus Features and Relativity Media. The remaining third of Alliance is owned by an arm of the provincial government, Investissement Quebec. Alliance financed last year’s Best Picture Oscar winner The King’s Speech, current release Shame plus the horror movie Insidious and the upcoming haunted house thriller The Woman In Black. In addition to Canada, Alliance has distribution operations in the UK and Spain.
Goldman Sachs To Sell Alliance Films Stake
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'