Goldman Sachs is seeking to offload its two-thirds stake in movie financing and distribution company Alliance Films, the Financial Times reported today. Canadian-based Alliance has a sizable library and is the north-of-the-border distributor for Lionsgate, CBS Films, Weinstein Company, Focus Features and Relativity Media. The remaining third of Alliance is owned by an arm of the provincial government, Investissement Quebec. Alliance financed last year’s Best Picture Oscar winner The King’s Speech, current release Shame plus the horror movie Insidious and the upcoming haunted house thriller The Woman In Black. In addition to Canada, Alliance has distribution operations in the UK and Spain.
Goldman Sachs To Sell Alliance Films Stake
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer