Goldman Sachs is seeking to offload its two-thirds stake in movie financing and distribution company Alliance Films, the Financial Times reported today. Canadian-based Alliance has a sizable library and is the north-of-the-border distributor for Lionsgate, CBS Films, Weinstein Company, Focus Features and Relativity Media. The remaining third of Alliance is owned by an arm of the provincial government, Investissement Quebec. Alliance financed last year’s Best Picture Oscar winner The King’s Speech, current release Shame plus the horror movie Insidious and the upcoming haunted house thriller The Woman In Black. In addition to Canada, Alliance has distribution operations in the UK and Spain.
Goldman Sachs To Sell Alliance Films Stake
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'