Kat Likkel and John Hoberg will make their feature film writing debuts by adapting Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo, the Nicholas de Monchaux book recently optioned by Marc Shmuger’s Global Produce. The book recounts the true story of how a team of bra and girdle makers from Playtex designed and created the spacesuit that enabled Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to walk on the moon. The crew beat out America’s leading military contractors to win the NASA contract. Likkel and Hoberg, who are married, come from the TV side, where they wrote and produced such series as My Name Is Earl and Better Off Ted. They are repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment and attorney Karl Austen. Global Produce, run by Shmuger and president Tom McNulty, has a first-look deal with Universal. It is developing a new version of the Scarface movie as part of that arrangement.
Global Produce Finds Scribes To Adapt 'Spacesuit' Book For Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?