Kat Likkel and John Hoberg will make their feature film writing debuts by adapting Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo, the Nicholas de Monchaux book recently optioned by Marc Shmuger’s Global Produce. The book recounts the true story of how a team of bra and girdle makers from Playtex designed and created the spacesuit that enabled Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to walk on the moon. The crew beat out America’s leading military contractors to win the NASA contract. Likkel and Hoberg, who are married, come from the TV side, where they wrote and produced such series as My Name Is Earl and Better Off Ted. They are repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment and attorney Karl Austen. Global Produce, run by Shmuger and president Tom McNulty, has a first-look deal with Universal. It is developing a new version of the Scarface movie as part of that arrangement.
Global Produce Finds Scribes To Adapt 'Spacesuit' Book For Screen
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'