Kat Likkel and John Hoberg will make their feature film writing debuts by adapting Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo, the Nicholas de Monchaux book recently optioned by Marc Shmuger’s Global Produce. The book recounts the true story of how a team of bra and girdle makers from Playtex designed and created the spacesuit that enabled Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to walk on the moon. The crew beat out America’s leading military contractors to win the NASA contract. Likkel and Hoberg, who are married, come from the TV side, where they wrote and produced such series as My Name Is Earl and Better Off Ted. They are repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment and attorney Karl Austen. Global Produce, run by Shmuger and president Tom McNulty, has a first-look deal with Universal. It is developing a new version of the Scarface movie as part of that arrangement.
Global Produce Finds Scribes To Adapt 'Spacesuit' Book For Screen
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney