Kat Likkel and John Hoberg will make their feature film writing debuts by adapting Spacesuit: Fashioning Apollo, the Nicholas de Monchaux book recently optioned by Marc Shmuger’s Global Produce. The book recounts the true story of how a team of bra and girdle makers from Playtex designed and created the spacesuit that enabled Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to walk on the moon. The crew beat out America’s leading military contractors to win the NASA contract. Likkel and Hoberg, who are married, come from the TV side, where they wrote and produced such series as My Name Is Earl and Better Off Ted. They are repped by UTA, Industry Entertainment and attorney Karl Austen. Global Produce, run by Shmuger and president Tom McNulty, has a first-look deal with Universal. It is developing a new version of the Scarface movie as part of that arrangement.
Global Produce Finds Scribes To Adapt 'Spacesuit' Book For Screen
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cannes, Disney Self-Absorption, Suzanne Somers
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- Cannes Winners: Jacques Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Takes Palme D’Or – Live
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows With $26.7M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $45.8M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs $12.5M…
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video