After three seasons on HBO’s In Treatment, Gabriel Byrne is returning to UK TV to star in a four-part drama series for Channel 4. With the working title Coup, the Company Pictures/Newscope Films conspiracy thriller starts production in February and will air later this year. Byrne will play politician Tom Dawkins, a reluctant hero thrust into the spotlight following an industrial disaster that raises questions about the safety procedures of the U.S. petrochemical company involved. Dawkins risks everything by taking on the establishment in his pursuit of the truth, uncovering a web of secrets along the way. The series is based on the novel A Very British Coup by Chris Mullin and was adapted for the screen by Robert Jones. Ed Fraiman is directing with Johann Knobel (Shameless) producing. Executive producers are Jason Newmark, Fraiman, George Faber and Charles Pattinson.
Gabriel Byrne Scores A 'Coup' With Channel 4's UK Conspiracy Thriller
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’
- Ioan Gruffudd’s Disney-Produced ‘Harrow’ Scores Second Season Ahead Of Debut
- Stephen King’s ‘The Bone Church’ To Be Developed For Series By Chris Long & David Ayer’s Cedar Park
- Disney Channel Launching Toon Series ‘Amphibia’ & ‘The Owl House’, Renews ‘Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil’ For Season…
- Olympics Ratings Rise With Russian Skating Drama, Steady With Sochi 2014
- Abrams Artists Agency Expands Alternative Programming & Digital Department With New Hire