Sycamore Entertainment Group has acquired U.S. rights to Fred Schepisi’s The Eye Of The Storm starring Geoffrey Rush, Charlotte Rampling and Judy Davis. Judy Morris’ screenplay is based on the 1973 novel by Patrick White, Australia’s only Nobel laureate for literature. It’s described as a savage exploration of family relationships centered around an elderly, dying woman with all the love, hate, humor and tragedy the situation entails. Helen Morse and Alexandra Schepisi also star. The Eye Of The Storm took prizes at the Melbourne and Rome film festivals and has received 12 nominations for Australia’s Academy of Cinema and TV Arts awards. Sycamore CEO Edward Sylvan CEO negotiated the deal with Robbie Little of the Little Film Co. It was produced by Antony Waddington, Gregory Read and Fred Schepisi. Sycamore plans an April 20 U.S. release.
Fred Schepisi's 'The Eye Of The Storm' U.S. Rights Sold To Sycamore Entertainment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Brooks
- 'The Trip To Italy' Favoloso In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: 'The Trip To Italy', 'Frank', 'Jealousy', 'Life After Beth', 'Fort McCoy'
- James Cameron's 'Deepsea Challenge 3D' Can't Surface An Audience In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: James Cameron Dives Into 'Deepsea Challenge 3D'
- 'Calvary' Prayers Answered At Specialty Box Office As 'A Most Wanted Man' Still Wanted In Expansion