Sycamore Entertainment Group has acquired U.S. rights to Fred Schepisi’s The Eye Of The Storm starring Geoffrey Rush, Charlotte Rampling and Judy Davis. Judy Morris’ screenplay is based on the 1973 novel by Patrick White, Australia’s only Nobel laureate for literature. It’s described as a savage exploration of family relationships centered around an elderly, dying woman with all the love, hate, humor and tragedy the situation entails. Helen Morse and Alexandra Schepisi also star. The Eye Of The Storm took prizes at the Melbourne and Rome film festivals and has received 12 nominations for Australia’s Academy of Cinema and TV Arts awards. Sycamore CEO Edward Sylvan CEO negotiated the deal with Robbie Little of the Little Film Co. It was produced by Antony Waddington, Gregory Read and Fred Schepisi. Sycamore plans an April 20 U.S. release.
Fred Schepisi's 'The Eye Of The Storm' U.S. Rights Sold To Sycamore Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Brooks
- Jude Law & Scoot McNairy Plunge Underwater In ‘Black Sea': Specialty Preview
- All These Indie Oscar Noms At The B.O. — Does Anybody Care? Who Will Watch The Oscars?
- ‘Still Alice’ Stirs Up Weekend’s Specialty Box Office With Moore Performance
- ‘American Sniper’ Invincible In Continued Four-Theater Release; ‘A Most Violent Year’ Solid
- ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’ Tops Specialty B.O.’s Top 10 For 2014