Sycamore Entertainment Group has acquired U.S. rights to Fred Schepisi’s The Eye Of The Storm starring Geoffrey Rush, Charlotte Rampling and Judy Davis. Judy Morris’ screenplay is based on the 1973 novel by Patrick White, Australia’s only Nobel laureate for literature. It’s described as a savage exploration of family relationships centered around an elderly, dying woman with all the love, hate, humor and tragedy the situation entails. Helen Morse and Alexandra Schepisi also star. The Eye Of The Storm took prizes at the Melbourne and Rome film festivals and has received 12 nominations for Australia’s Academy of Cinema and TV Arts awards. Sycamore CEO Edward Sylvan CEO negotiated the deal with Robbie Little of the Little Film Co. It was produced by Antony Waddington, Gregory Read and Fred Schepisi. Sycamore plans an April 20 U.S. release.
Fred Schepisi's 'The Eye Of The Storm' U.S. Rights Sold To Sycamore Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald