Sycamore Entertainment Group has acquired U.S. rights to Fred Schepisi’s The Eye Of The Storm starring Geoffrey Rush, Charlotte Rampling and Judy Davis. Judy Morris’ screenplay is based on the 1973 novel by Patrick White, Australia’s only Nobel laureate for literature. It’s described as a savage exploration of family relationships centered around an elderly, dying woman with all the love, hate, humor and tragedy the situation entails. Helen Morse and Alexandra Schepisi also star. The Eye Of The Storm took prizes at the Melbourne and Rome film festivals and has received 12 nominations for Australia’s Academy of Cinema and TV Arts awards. Sycamore CEO Edward Sylvan CEO negotiated the deal with Robbie Little of the Little Film Co. It was produced by Antony Waddington, Gregory Read and Fred Schepisi. Sycamore plans an April 20 U.S. release.
Fred Schepisi's 'The Eye Of The Storm' U.S. Rights Sold To Sycamore Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- ‘Aloha’ Review: Cameron Crowe Fights Bad Buzz, Summer Tentpoles With Hawaii-Set Romantic Comedy
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer Gabriela…
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires Tribeca Fest Rom-Com ‘Tumbledown’
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg