After receiving strong reviews at Sundance for his performance in Robot & Frank, Frank Langella has joined another two-hander. He’ll star in the indie The Time Being, alongside Wes Bentley. Richard Gladstein is producing and also co-wrote the script with first-time writer-director Nenad Cicin-Sain. The logline: Out of cash and a bit desperate, struggling artist Daniel accepts a series of bizarre commissions from Warner, a dying, eccentric millionaire who may not be what he seems. But Daniel can’t quite ascertain whether his new “mentor” is a monster who is intent on destroying Daniel’s life and marriage, or a savior who will teach him the true meaning of art. Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Samuel Goldwyn paid north of $2 million for North America distribution rights and several other offshore territories on Robot & Frank. Langella is repped by ICM.
Frank Langella Joins 'The Time Being'
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest Film News
- Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Embraces $89M+; ‘Power Rangers’ Mighty…
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- Richard A. Roth Dies: ‘Summer Of ’42’ Producer Was 76
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire