After receiving strong reviews at Sundance for his performance in Robot & Frank, Frank Langella has joined another two-hander. He’ll star in the indie The Time Being, alongside Wes Bentley. Richard Gladstein is producing and also co-wrote the script with first-time writer-director Nenad Cicin-Sain. The logline: Out of cash and a bit desperate, struggling artist Daniel accepts a series of bizarre commissions from Warner, a dying, eccentric millionaire who may not be what he seems. But Daniel can’t quite ascertain whether his new “mentor” is a monster who is intent on destroying Daniel’s life and marriage, or a savior who will teach him the true meaning of art. Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Samuel Goldwyn paid north of $2 million for North America distribution rights and several other offshore territories on Robot & Frank. Langella is repped by ICM.
Frank Langella Joins 'The Time Being'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Helen Mirren Film 'Woman In Gold' Aims For New Respect After Critical Brickbats At Berlin Film Festival
Latest Film News
- DWA Poised For A ‘Home’ Run With $53M Weekend; ‘Get Hard’ Gets Rich With $33M
- Helen Mirren Film ‘Woman In Gold’ Aims For New Respect After Critical Brickbats At Berlin Film Festival
- Aimee Teegarden Joins Paramount’s ‘Rings'; Clemens Schick To Menace ‘The Lake’
- ‘Spectre’ Trailer: Daniel Craig’s 007 Catches Up With His Past
- Rooney Frontman Robert Schwartzman Makes Helming Debut On ‘MF’
- ‘Home’ Review: Jim Parsons & Rihanna Team For Fun Frenetic Family Ride