Fox’s summer staple So You Think You Can Dance, which was renewed for a ninth season in October, will undergo a format change, scaling down from two shows a week to one. “Fox have canceled the results show so I will have to change the format of SYTYCD,” the show’s co-creator/executive producer/judge Nigel Lythgoe tweeted today. “At least we have another season at the end of May.” The move comes days before SYTYCD‘s first Season 9 auditions, which will be held next week in Atlanta. “I’m certainly not mad at Fox — they have supported SYTYCD for 9 seasons,” Lythgoe wrote. “With the help of (Fox’s head of alternative) Mike Darnell I think we have some great new ideas.” SYTYCD, whose most recent eight season was down in the ratings from Season 7, will not be the first competition show to air once a week. Most recently, NBC’s The Voice started off that way before expanding to two nights following its early success.
Fox's 'So You Think You Can Dance' To Drop Results Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
Latest TV News
- ITN Productions Eyes U.S. Expansion, Preps California ‘House Of Horrors’, Meghan Markle And Trump Docs
- Fox-Sky Deal: UK Authority Says “Not In The Public Interest”; Hints Disney Could Help
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV