Fox has given the green light to one more pilot, a single-camera comedy from It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia creator/star Rob McElhenney and the show’s executive producer Rob Rosell. The project, titled Living Loaded, is based on the book of the same name by Dan Dunn. It centers on a loose partying blogger forced to change his career plans when he becomes a radio host. Co-written by Rosell, McElhenney and Dunn, Living Loaded hails from FX Prods, where McElhenney, Charlie Day and Glenn Howerton’s company RCG has a rich production deal. McElhenney will serve as showrunner and executive produce with Rosell, Day, Howerton and 3 Arts’ Nick Frenkel and Michael Rotenberg. Dunn serves as supervising producer. In addition to Sunny and Living Loaded, McElhenney and Rosell are executive producing together FX’s upcoming animated series Unsupervised, which Rosell co-created. This is McElhenney and Howerton’s second comedy pilot for Fox following the 2009 Boldly Going Nowhere. To sum up, Fox picked up four pilots today: comedies Living Loaded and Dana Fox’s Ben Fox Is My Manny, and dramas Guilty from Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim and an untitled serial killer project from Kevin Williamson.
Fox Picks Up Rob McElhenney Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Fox Buys 'Nod' Sci-Fi Drama From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order
- Daniel Dae Kim To Produce Adaptation Of Korean Medical Drama 'Good Doctor' For CBS