Fox has given the green light to Like Father, a single-camera family comedy written, directed and executive produced by Scrubs creator and Cougar Town co-creator Bill Lawrence. Inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experiences, it centers on a father-son relationship. This marks the first pilot script Lawrence has written solo since Scrubs and the first pilot pickup for his Doozer banner since the company moved from ABC Studios to Warner Bros. TV in June. Lawrence is executive producing Like Father with his development executive Jeff Ingold. Like Father reunites Lawrence with Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly, who was in the same position at NBC for some of Scrubs‘ run on the network. Fox bought Like Father in September with a pilot production commitment. ICM-repped Lawrence has another project with the same commitment at CBS, a multi-camera workplace comedy at CBS he co-wrote with Greg Malins. This is the fourth comedy pilot order at Fox this season following the recent pickups of Dana Fox’s Ben Fox Is My Manny and Rob McElhenney’s Living Loaded and the off-cycle order to Little Brother.
Fox Picks Up Bill Lawrence Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
'This Is Us' Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring