Fox has given the green light to Like Father, a single-camera family comedy written, directed and executive produced by Scrubs creator and Cougar Town co-creator Bill Lawrence. Inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experiences, it centers on a father-son relationship. This marks the first pilot script Lawrence has written solo since Scrubs and the first pilot pickup for his Doozer banner since the company moved from ABC Studios to Warner Bros. TV in June. Lawrence is executive producing Like Father with his development executive Jeff Ingold. Like Father reunites Lawrence with Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly, who was in the same position at NBC for some of Scrubs‘ run on the network. Fox bought Like Father in September with a pilot production commitment. ICM-repped Lawrence has another project with the same commitment at CBS, a multi-camera workplace comedy at CBS he co-wrote with Greg Malins. This is the fourth comedy pilot order at Fox this season following the recent pickups of Dana Fox’s Ben Fox Is My Manny and Rob McElhenney’s Living Loaded and the off-cycle order to Little Brother.
Fox Picks Up Bill Lawrence Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- CBS’ Paired ‘The Big Bang Theory’ And ‘Sheldon’ Dominate Flat Thursday
- ‘Still The King’ Billy Ray Cyrus Comedy Series Canceled By CMT After 2 Seasons
- Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special Set For New Year’s Eve
- Adam McKay Reteams With Composer Nicholas Britell On Two Projects
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- ‘Nashville’ To End: Season 6 On CMT Will Be Country Drama Series’ Last