Fox has given the green light to Like Father, a single-camera family comedy written, directed and executive produced by Scrubs creator and Cougar Town co-creator Bill Lawrence. Inspired by Lawrence’s real-life experiences, it centers on a father-son relationship. This marks the first pilot script Lawrence has written solo since Scrubs and the first pilot pickup for his Doozer banner since the company moved from ABC Studios to Warner Bros. TV in June. Lawrence is executive producing Like Father with his development executive Jeff Ingold. Like Father reunites Lawrence with Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly, who was in the same position at NBC for some of Scrubs‘ run on the network. Fox bought Like Father in September with a pilot production commitment. ICM-repped Lawrence has another project with the same commitment at CBS, a multi-camera workplace comedy at CBS he co-wrote with Greg Malins. This is the fourth comedy pilot order at Fox this season following the recent pickups of Dana Fox’s Ben Fox Is My Manny and Rob McElhenney’s Living Loaded and the off-cycle order to Little Brother.
Fox Picks Up Bill Lawrence Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over