Fox is moving its comedy-action film This Means War up three days to open on Valentine’s Day, Tuesday February 14. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy play CIA operatives and best buddies who discover they’re both courting Reese Witherspoon. Shifting This Means War may give it a chance to build momentum going into the weekend. The other wide releases Friday the 17th are Sony/Columbia’s Nic Cage comic-book sequel Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance and Disney’s animated import The Secret World Of Arrietty. It will also be the second weekend for Fox’s 3D re-release of Star Wars: Episode 1 — The Phantom Menace.
Fox Moves 'This Means War' To February 14
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…