Fox is moving its comedy-action film This Means War up three days to open on Valentine’s Day, Tuesday February 14. Chris Pine and Tom Hardy play CIA operatives and best buddies who discover they’re both courting Reese Witherspoon. Shifting This Means War may give it a chance to build momentum going into the weekend. The other wide releases Friday the 17th are Sony/Columbia’s Nic Cage comic-book sequel Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance and Disney’s animated import The Secret World Of Arrietty. It will also be the second weekend for Fox’s 3D re-release of Star Wars: Episode 1 — The Phantom Menace.
Fox Moves 'This Means War' To February 14
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility
- A New Day For Sundance Ride-Share Post-Uber Helicopter Fiasco As Lyft Pulls In
- Netflix Seals Deal For ‘Sierra Burgess Is A Loser’