Fox has given a pilot order to The Asset, Josh Freidman’s female-centered action drama, which had a put pilot commitment at the network. The project, from 20th Century Fox TV, is described as a character-driven drama set in the New York office of the CIA, which centers on a female agent. The premise evokes such series as ABC’s Alias and USA Network’s Covert Affairs. This is the third consecutive pilot for Friedman at Fox following Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which went to series, and last year’s Locke & Key. The order to Asset brings the number of drama pilots picked up by Fox to 3, including the Marc Guggenheim/Greg Berlanti legal drama Guilty and a serial killer drama by Kevin Williamson. That leaves 2 more available slots as the network is looking to order a total of 5 drama pilots this season.
Fox Orders Josh Friedman Spy Drama Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’ – Global…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President