Fox has given a pilot order to The Asset, Josh Freidman’s female-centered action drama, which had a put pilot commitment at the network. The project, from 20th Century Fox TV, is described as a character-driven drama set in the New York office of the CIA, which centers on a female agent. The premise evokes such series as ABC’s Alias and USA Network’s Covert Affairs. This is the third consecutive pilot for Friedman at Fox following Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which went to series, and last year’s Locke & Key. The order to Asset brings the number of drama pilots picked up by Fox to 3, including the Marc Guggenheim/Greg Berlanti legal drama Guilty and a serial killer drama by Kevin Williamson. That leaves 2 more available slots as the network is looking to order a total of 5 drama pilots this season.
Fox Orders Josh Friedman Spy Drama Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History