Fox has given a pilot order to a spy drama written by Karyn Usher (The Playboy Club). The procedural thriller centers on the orphaned 17-year-old daughter of a CIA operative who is recruited to become an operative herself. She encounters a mysterious rogue agent/assassin who serves as both her surrogate father and professional mentor in the spy world. The project hails from 20th Century Fox TV and Mary Adelstein and Shawn Levy’s studio-based 21 Laps/Adelstein Prods. Usher, Adelstein, Becky Clements and Levy are executive producing. The project, which originally sold to Fox in September with a significant penalty, marks Adelstein and Usher’s third project and first pilot together. Adelstein originally met Usher on the Fox/20th TV drama Prison Break, which he executive produced and on which Usher rose to co-executive producer. The two later developed a U.S. version of the British format Daylight Robbery. The pickup of Usher’s project comes on the heels of Fox’s order to Josh Friedman’s drama, which also is about a female spy. (Fox seems determined to break that arena this season.) This brings the number of drama pilots picked up by the network to four, including the previously greenlighted Marc Guggenheim/Greg Berlanti legal drama Guilty and a serial killer drama by Kevin Williamson. Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly indicated earlier this month that he was looking to order five drama pilots.
Fox Greenlights Drama About Teen Spy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser
- NBA All-Star Game Nets 7.8 Million Total Viewers Across TNT & TBS
- Milo Yiannopoulos Uninvited From Keynoting At Conservative Confab In Washington
- Keith Cox To Be Promoted To President Of Development For The Paramount Network & TV Land, Sharon Levy Expected To Exit
- Susannah Flood Joins ABC’s Shondaland Pilot; Swoosie Kurtz In ‘Charlie Foxtrot’