BAFTA announced the nominees for its Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award, which recognizes an international actor whose talent has captured the imagination of the UK public. The nominees are Adam Deacon (Kidultood), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids), Eddie Redmayne (My Week With Marilyn) and Tom Hiddleston (War Horse). It is the only Orange British Academy Film Awards category to be voted on by the public. The winner will be announced during the ceremony February 12.
Five Actors On BAFTA Rising Star Shortlist
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest Awardsline News
- An Oscar Winner & A 72-Year-Old Neurologist-Turned-Filmmaker Combine For Festival’s Most Unique Movie…
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Kevin James On The Joys Of TV Over Film With ‘Kevin Can Wait’ – Emmys
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Episode #1: Hammond & Patten On Emmy Kickoff & A Potential Writers Strike
- Tony Awards Announce 2017 Honors For Excellence
- ‘Veep’, ‘Atlanta’, ‘Horace & Pete’ Among Peabody Honorees; HBO, FX & Hulu Tie…