BAFTA announced the nominees for its Orange Wednesdays Rising Star Award, which recognizes an international actor whose talent has captured the imagination of the UK public. The nominees are Adam Deacon (Kidultood), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris O’Dowd (Bridesmaids), Eddie Redmayne (My Week With Marilyn) and Tom Hiddleston (War Horse). It is the only Orange British Academy Film Awards category to be voted on by the public. The winner will be announced during the ceremony February 12.
Five Actors On BAFTA Rising Star Shortlist
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…