James Stern’s Endgame Entertainment will co-finance with Private Defense Contractors the Steven Soderbergh-directed ‘Bitter Pill.’ The film stars Rooney Mara, Jude Law, Channing Tatum and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures had originally been expected to finance, but that became shaky in the past few weeks. That gives the film new funding and a new titles. The film was originally titled Bitter Pill, but was retitled Side Effects, before going back to Bitter Pill. Open Road is releasing domestically.
Endgame Funds Steven Soderbergh's 'Bitter Pill'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Frame; 'Jungle Book' Still A Beast - Intl Box Office Update
'Jungle Book' King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: 'Keanu', 'Mother's Day' & 'Ratchet & Clank' - Sunday Update
Obama's Final White House Correspondents' Dinner Kicks Off With Will Smith, Priyanka Chopra, Bryan Cranston, WME & UTA Brass
Latest Film News
- Sony Second Studio To Reach Settlement In Animation Anti-Poaching Suit
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Blasts Off With $200.2M In First Overseas Frame; ‘Jungle Book’ Still A Beast – Intl Box…
- ‘The Family Fang' & 'The Man Who Knew Infinity' Top Mixed Weekend: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…
- Watch Obama Blast Trump, Clinton & CNN At Final White House Correspondents’ Dinner – Update
- Geno Havens Dies; ‘The Jerk,’ ‘Switchblade Sisters’ Casting Director Was 75