When the UK feature Summer In February was originally announced in December, Dominic Cooper and Downton Abbey star Dan Stevens were to form a love triangle in the film with Ophelia Lovibond. Now comes word from the production that Sucker Punch‘s Emily Browning has stepped in for Lovibond. The CrossDay Productions/Apart Films title is directed by Christopher Menaul and adapted by Jonathan Smith from his own novel set at an Edwardian artists’ colony on the Cornish coast of England before the start of WWI. Principal photography starts Sunday. CrossDay’s Pippa Cross and Janette Day and Apart Films’ Jeremy Cowdrey are producing. Stevens is exec producing, a first for the actor. When I saw him last month in London at the screening of the Downton Abbey Christmas Special, he told me he was looking forward to the experience — if not the cold weather in Cornwall.
Emily Browning Joins Dominic Cooper, Dan Stevens For 'Summer In February'
What's Hot on Deadline
Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama ‘Sand Castle’; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
'Arrow' Inches Up In Return, 'Black-ish' Has Small Rebound As 'Code Black', 'Empire' & Everyone Else Slip In Ratings
Latest Film News
- Frank Langella Inks With ICM Partners & Circle Of Confusion
- Stan Lee & William Shatner To Unveil Collaboration At Comikaze 2015; ‘Nocturnal Animals’ Adds Peter Nyong’o
- ‘Brooklyn’s Saoirse Ronan On Choosing Irish Role “Carefully”; Chantal Akerman Screenings – New York Film…
- Starz Sinks Its Teeth Into Jason Bateman Film ‘The Family Fang’
- Nicholas Hoult, Luke Evans & Henry Cavill Suit Up For War Drama 'Sand Castle'; Mark Gordon Co, Treehouse Producing
- Academy Museum Gets $5M+ Donation From Shirley Temple Black Estate