It doesn’t seem to matter that Disney’s stock price was down slightly during the fiscal year for which the CEO was paid. His package, disclosed in a just-filed proxy statement, includes a $2M salary (same as in 2010), $8.1M in stock awards (+10.1%), $4.8M in option awards (+9.1%), $15.5M in incentive compensation (+15.2%), and additional pension value of $2.1M (+29.4%). The company says that he deserves the bump because Disney “achieved record net income, revenue and earnings per share in fiscal 2011, with net income increasing 21%, revenue increasing 7% and earnings per share, excluding the impact of items that affected comparability between the years, increasing 23% over fiscal 2010.” The board seems to believe that Iger deserves most of the credit: His compensation accounts for about 56% of the total paid for the top five honchos listed in the SEC filing — and the four under Iger collectively made about the same as they did in 2010. The second-highest-paid exec, CFO Jay Rasulo, was far behind the CEO with $11.1M in compensation, up 5.1%. Iger’s package includes $371,439 for personal air travel and $561,303 in security expenses. In addition to the compensation info, Disney said it will hold its annual shareholder meeting March 13 in Kansas City, Mo.
Disney's Bob Iger Nabs $33.4M Pay Package In 2011, A 12.9% Raise
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content