It doesn’t seem to matter that Disney’s stock price was down slightly during the fiscal year for which the CEO was paid. His package, disclosed in a just-filed proxy statement, includes a $2M salary (same as in 2010), $8.1M in stock awards (+10.1%), $4.8M in option awards (+9.1%), $15.5M in incentive compensation (+15.2%), and additional pension value of $2.1M (+29.4%). The company says that he deserves the bump because Disney “achieved record net income, revenue and earnings per share in fiscal 2011, with net income increasing 21%, revenue increasing 7% and earnings per share, excluding the impact of items that affected comparability between the years, increasing 23% over fiscal 2010.” The board seems to believe that Iger deserves most of the credit: His compensation accounts for about 56% of the total paid for the top five honchos listed in the SEC filing — and the four under Iger collectively made about the same as they did in 2010. The second-highest-paid exec, CFO Jay Rasulo, was far behind the CEO with $11.1M in compensation, up 5.1%. Iger’s package includes $371,439 for personal air travel and $561,303 in security expenses. In addition to the compensation info, Disney said it will hold its annual shareholder meeting March 13 in Kansas City, Mo.
Disney's Bob Iger Nabs $33.4M Pay Package In 2011, A 12.9% Raise
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams "Reprehensible Smokescreen" - Update
Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Legal Guardian Backs Actress' Sexual Assault Claims, Calls Joel Kramer "Pedophile" - Update
Latest Film News
- NBCU Intl Acquires ‘The Outpost’ For Syfy; IQiyi Advancing On IPO – Global Briefs
- New York Film & TV Workers Protest During MLK Day With Rev. Al Sharpton & Top Empire State Pols
- Arnold Schwarzenegger “Shocked” About Eliza Dushku’s ‘True Lies’ Allegations, Calls Her “So Courageous”…
- Leah Remini Hints Scientology Behind Paul Haggis Claims; Church Slams “Reprehensible Smokescreen” – Update
- ‘The Trade’: Exclusive Look At Showtime’s Opioid Epidemic Docuseries Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl