EXCLUSIVE: David Linde’s Lava Bear has made its first spec script buy as Linde and Lava Bear president Tory Metzger acquired an untitled thriller by scribe L.D. Goffigan. Lava Bear will produce with Quadrant Pictures’ Doug Davison and Tariq Jalil. Lucas Carter is exec producer. They are keeping the logline under wraps. It’s the first sale for the writer, who has been working as an assistant. Three offers materialized when the script went out under the title Intrusion. Davison and Linde worked together previously on the horror hit The Strangers, a factor in why this went the way of Lava Bear. Lava Bear is out to directors with plans to begin production in 2013. The scribe is repped by CAA and manager Jewerl Ross.
David Linde's Lava Bear Makes First Spec Buy
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release