EXCLUSIVE: David Linde’s Lava Bear has made its first spec script buy as Linde and Lava Bear president Tory Metzger acquired an untitled thriller by scribe L.D. Goffigan. Lava Bear will produce with Quadrant Pictures’ Doug Davison and Tariq Jalil. Lucas Carter is exec producer. They are keeping the logline under wraps. It’s the first sale for the writer, who has been working as an assistant. Three offers materialized when the script went out under the title Intrusion. Davison and Linde worked together previously on the horror hit The Strangers, a factor in why this went the way of Lava Bear. Lava Bear is out to directors with plans to begin production in 2013. The scribe is repped by CAA and manager Jewerl Ross.
David Linde's Lava Bear Makes First Spec Buy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest