EXCLUSIVE: David Linde’s Lava Bear has made its first spec script buy as Linde and Lava Bear president Tory Metzger acquired an untitled thriller by scribe L.D. Goffigan. Lava Bear will produce with Quadrant Pictures’ Doug Davison and Tariq Jalil. Lucas Carter is exec producer. They are keeping the logline under wraps. It’s the first sale for the writer, who has been working as an assistant. Three offers materialized when the script went out under the title Intrusion. Davison and Linde worked together previously on the horror hit The Strangers, a factor in why this went the way of Lava Bear. Lava Bear is out to directors with plans to begin production in 2013. The scribe is repped by CAA and manager Jewerl Ross.
David Linde's Lava Bear Makes First Spec Buy
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE