EXCLUSIVE: David Linde’s Lava Bear has made its first spec script buy as Linde and Lava Bear president Tory Metzger acquired an untitled thriller by scribe L.D. Goffigan. Lava Bear will produce with Quadrant Pictures’ Doug Davison and Tariq Jalil. Lucas Carter is exec producer. They are keeping the logline under wraps. It’s the first sale for the writer, who has been working as an assistant. Three offers materialized when the script went out under the title Intrusion. Davison and Linde worked together previously on the horror hit The Strangers, a factor in why this went the way of Lava Bear. Lava Bear is out to directors with plans to begin production in 2013. The scribe is repped by CAA and manager Jewerl Ross.
David Linde's Lava Bear Makes First Spec Buy
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Killer Of Fox Executive Gavin Smith Gets Max Sentence
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Bron Studios Secures Revolving $50M Credit Line From Comerica Bank
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?