David Letterman and CBS are “very close” to a deal that would extend Letterman’s contract through 2014, according to the New York Times. The network also has been authorized to negotiate with staff members of Letterman’s Worldwide Pants production company as well. The status of negotiations with Craig Ferguson, whose show follows Letterman’s isn’t clear. Reached for comment, CBS issued a statement, “As would be expected at this time, we’re having conversations with both Dave and Craig about future years. There are no further details to announce at this time.” Letterman’s current contract is up in August but a special provision would permit him to exit in May at the end of the regular network TV season.
Report: David Letterman-CBS Deal Imminent, Craig Ferguson Talks continue
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Midnight Rider': New Footage Reveals Seconds Leading To Train Impact: Video
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt