David Letterman and CBS are “very close” to a deal that would extend Letterman’s contract through 2014, according to the New York Times. The network also has been authorized to negotiate with staff members of Letterman’s Worldwide Pants production company as well. The status of negotiations with Craig Ferguson, whose show follows Letterman’s isn’t clear. Reached for comment, CBS issued a statement, “As would be expected at this time, we’re having conversations with both Dave and Craig about future years. There are no further details to announce at this time.” Letterman’s current contract is up in August but a special provision would permit him to exit in May at the end of the regular network TV season.
Report: David Letterman-CBS Deal Imminent, Craig Ferguson Talks continue
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- EMMYS: Mindy Kaling, Liev Schreiber, Kate Walsh & More Join Presenters List
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'