David Letterman and CBS are “very close” to a deal that would extend Letterman’s contract through 2014, according to the New York Times. The network also has been authorized to negotiate with staff members of Letterman’s Worldwide Pants production company as well. The status of negotiations with Craig Ferguson, whose show follows Letterman’s isn’t clear. Reached for comment, CBS issued a statement, “As would be expected at this time, we’re having conversations with both Dave and Craig about future years. There are no further details to announce at this time.” Letterman’s current contract is up in August but a special provision would permit him to exit in May at the end of the regular network TV season.
Report: David Letterman-CBS Deal Imminent, Craig Ferguson Talks continue
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV